• Magna Dyne
    • Moonshine
    • Northern King
    • Raider
    • Stinger
    • Wolverine
    • Other - Please specify in post.

• 1 month later...

I am not trying to condemn any product out there, but I really don't like the Stingers for the fact that the paint falls off after about 10 'eyes and 4 or 5 steelies. I have had steelies come pretty close to breaking the blanks in half! NKs and Dreamweavers rock! I am also quickly becoming a fan of Wolverine/Silver Streaks. Old Yeller and the E-chip spoons have been hot on Lake O this spring, can't wait to throw the E-chips out for some eyes and steelies later this summer.

Don't see it up there, but I know quite a few guys out east that swear by Yecks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I will agree with you Storm. I know that they have worked hard to try to get this problem taken care of though. I also know that others that had problems have emailed them and they do there best to help out(we all know that that still isn't ideal when you have 100s of spoons). Still the MI Stingers will outfish most all spoons on the western basin. At least from my experience.

I can tell you that MI stinger's chicken wing out by West Sister 1.7-2.2mph was killing them.

My favourite is Northern King spoons as that is what I have the most of. This is because they have been successful for me. They are readily available from local retailers. It's hard to change when you have something that works.

I have great success with Silver Fox on both bows and eyes.

Northport Nailers are another spoon that works as a slider. Too old to change, I guess.:grin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also like the stingers. But I don't like how the paint comes off. I am trying something different this year. I bought 25 Pro-eye spoons from Jannsnetcraft for less than 1.40 a piece, compared to 5.00 for the stingers. All I have to do is add my own rings and hooks. But for that kind of savings and with gas prices, I don't mind putting them together

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

looking forward to flinstone spoons in comming out with the small walleye spoon soon... they put what they call a tuff coat on all there spoons the size spoon is call the little guy.... I use the few that Ray had in stock last week end and caught fish on 2 of the 4 patterns that he had...

mainly a salmon spoon Co.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

i think the stinger is a great spoon, but the paint dont last for sht. i like the spoons i get from gale force tackle just as much if not more, the paint stays on alot better and they are much cheaper. and they,ve been doing custom colors for me.

sherman

My typical go to lure is streaks. stinger bend to easy and the paint falls off. I hate trying to open a package and bend a spoon. My equal other top choice is the proto types i am trying for Jimmy on erie. They are producing as many if not more fish than my other spoons. I also have pro eyes from janns netcraft and they work realy well. I also have moonshines, yeck, and some from a small tackle company in st clair shores that work really well. Walleye aren't too fussy as long as it has purple on it.

yecks and dreamweavers at least the paint stays on, and they catch fish.I bought a couple of the new uv stinger spoons and soon found out why I quit buying them as after a few fish the paint was peeling off like crazy.

I like the Stingers, havent had to many problems with the paint, but I guess when they catch fish you might loose some of it. Find me a spoon that the paint doesnt come off when they get pounded all the time!

• 4 weeks later...
I like the Stingers, havent had to many problems with the paint, but I guess when they catch fish you might loose some of it. Find me a spoon that the paint doesnt come off when they get pounded all the time!

Problem is paint falls off from just putting them in the water without a fish hitting them. I'll stick with others that catch fish and the paint isn't 3/4 gone by the end of a weekend. At 5 bucks a pop the paint should last at least a season.

As far as not loosing paint the best ones are the cheapest from D&B tackle in st clair shores. http://dbfishing.com/walleye_spoons.htm at 2.35 each you cant beat them and i have caught some hogs on them or Jimmys prototype jpslammer walleye minis.

seems like the stinger gets the most votes. even tho the paint comes off, they do catch fish untill they lose there paint. i have a few on my boat and use them at times. the just have so many colors to choose from.

but i have fished gale force tackle right along beside the stinger and they do just as good as the stinger and so far no problems with paint. i have caught several central basin eyes on the gale force spoons and harnesses and the paint is still holding up. and the greatest thing about them is i can just tell them what color i want and so far they have painted them up for me. but i always order atleast a dozen at a time of each color i order. good fishing to all and be safe and have fun.

sherman

• 6 months later...