Whats New this year

jimcr

What have you added to your boat or spread for this year?

Did you remove anything from you boat?

I have added a chart plotter, wire divers and copper rods.

Hoping to catch the fish I missed .

Took off 2 life jackets and replaced with Auto inflating ones.

I have added a chart plotter, wire divers and copper rods.

Hoping to catch the fish I missed .

Took off 2 life jackets and replaced with Auto inflating ones.

Added new third electric downrigger, new Fishhawk, shore power, 8 Big Daddy planer boards, 2 SWR's, rotating rod trees (replacing current stationary ones), cabin heater, more rod holders, and various lures. Still kicking around the idea of wire dipseys, but not sure if it will happen.

new boat(get pics soon), more tracks, 4 berts ratcheting, GLP triple rod trees, 1 wire dipsy, 250' Cu, 100' Cu, 2 new rods, new stereo and speakers, a bigger cooler with seat, LED trailer lights, added 2nd batt and switch, plenty of spoons and flashers (well i guess there is never enough:))

I wanna fish!!!!

I removed all the wood (Mahogany)from the boat and striped and refinished it with sickkens. I also made a rocket launcher to go from tree to tree.

i dumped the hand cranks for 2 brutes

a wire diver set up from eyefull

2 rigger rods from eyefull

2 copper/core rods from eyefull

2 600 lcs from eyefull

4 700 lcs from eyefull

fishhawk x-4 from eyefull

garmin tr-1 gold auto pilot

4 cisco rod holders

and of course some new plugs,spoons,flys and attractors.now i just have to find some place to stuff all of it on the boat:thumb:

i might pick up a set of the new hd ratcheting rod holders from big jon.if the wife will allow it

After reading all these posts I have to laugh. The cost of catching salmon goes up every year with all the gear we put on our rigs, but hey, it's an addiction right?:thumb: I was looking at adding wire dipseys, but never ran them before. Do you run these the same as regular dipseys, or are they set up differently? What size reel is required? I know ou need roller rods, but will a Takota 600 work, or do you need a 700?

We picked up a bunch of new stuff and can't wait to try it out. I think my most concerning purchase was my wife wanted here own tackle box with her own stuff so that she will catch more fish on her side of the boat......I think I am in trouble.

Autopilot-Simrad AP14R

2 big Jon pro tournament's (stronger version then captin pack)

4- Okuma 30's

6- Okuma 45's

2000 feet of bloody 32# copper

5 JP slammer spoons

We are for the D&R show and the Grand rapids show to finish up some foe remaining stuff.

Not much added for fishing equipment but a few new spoons. Otherwise, it's a new head gasket, fuel pump, rebuild the carbs, and add LED lights for the trailer. After all that is done, see how much money is left and may look into getting set up for divers (rods, and heavier duty rod holders).

I add

second battery w isolater switch

raymarine st1000 tiller auto pilot

pro troll remote throttle for kicker

2 berts racheting rod holders

2 okuma cv30d for wire

2 okuma xp452 for a 200 &300 copper

4 magda20 dx for the walleye

$200 misc tackle at the novi show

And I am heading to BPS today for a couple of jigging reels and a new rod jigs and soft baits. Plus every trip I go on I stop at a local bait and tackle to throw in a few bucks on the local stuff.

After reading all these posts I have to laugh. The cost of catching salmon goes up every year with all the gear we put on our rigs, but hey, it's an addiction right?:thumb: I was looking at adding wire dipseys, but never ran them before. Do you run these the same as regular dipseys, or are they set up differently? What size reel is required? I know ou need roller rods, but will a Takota 600 work, or do you need a 700?

Takota 600 with 1000' of Blood Run wire on a Talora 8' roller rod. You can go cheaper, buy why?

Run them just like a braid diver. It's a good idea to loosen the drag a bit after the fish hits.

Franks in Linwood have the best price on the Taloras.

I'm constantly experimenting with different crawler rigs and tying up more of my old favorites. I recently sold some of my Line Counter reels and added 6 new ones. I used to run a some different 8-8-1/2 ft rods for my 10 board spread. I recently obtained 12 new Okuma 7 foot rods to use with my boards. I'll probably sell some of my excess 8-8-1/2 foot rigger rods, and keep a few.

Thanks Nailer, aka Ken, I run all Shimano on my boat so I definitely would go Shimano for these rods as well. I just had sticker shock when I saw how much roller rods were. Why is Blood Run wire better than others, or is it just personal preference? I want whatever is going to be the best quality if I'm going to spend that much on rods and reels.

I have both underwater LED's for netting and LED strip lights for indirect lighting in the cockpit. Brads cut plugs for my first "meat" experiment, not true meat but a way to get my feet wet. I am getting more combo's so when switching baits it's easy in and out deal. A bunch of cool stuff from these guys, neat products. http://www.ssicustomplastics.com/netted%20boxes.htm

Why is Blood Run wire better than others, or is it just personal preference? I want whatever is going to be the best quality if I'm going to spend that much on rods and reels.

Blood Run is super soft and plyable. Very very easy to work with and even tie a knot with. I never knew there was a problem with the wire i was using previously until i bought my first spool of Blood Run wire.

New for me for 2011 will be:

-adding 32# Blood Run copper to replace some of my leadcores.

-I am planning on expanding my "keep it simple" philosophy. I really believe salmon fishing is a lot more simplistic than most people try to make it. Find the fish and be there when they bite.

-Besides adding a few more Okuma Titus reels and some tackle, most of my expenditures for 2011 have been spend on the bottom job.

-In the plans is to add a second Depth Raider but that will most likely be later in the summer.

I am going to be adding a Fish Hawk this year. I am also adding at least 1 copper setup. I am going to try and limit my lure additions this year, I'm pretty sure the ones I have will catch fish. I already upgraded some of my rigger rod and reel setups. And I am adding shorter wire rods. I am trying to get things a little more uniform on the boat, as well as running shorter rods due to ease of handling in the boat. I need to connect my AP to my GPS and might add a rudder reference to get it functioning at the optimal level. But otherwise a pretty quiet offseason for me. I am going to be installing a new Humminbird combo unit on one of my friends boats, and another one of my friends bought a 21' Seaswirl Striper from Leaders Marine on friday so I'm sure I will be helping him with setting that up also.

Well the biggest thing for sure is the new boat a 24' Slickcraft which will make fishing so much more enjoyable in soooo many ways. Along with that is GPS, Speed n' Temp, Better fish finder, Marine radio, Autopilot, and bigger cooler.

As far a rigging, 2 Electric Walker downriggers, Two 2 Rod Trees, Bert's Track, 4 Bert's Ratcheting Rod holders, Blacks releases, and better tackle storage.

For the spread I added 2 lead core setups (3 and 5 collors on Penn 209's with Heartland Rods), 2 wire diver setups (Okuma Magda 30DX Reels, 1000' 30# Bloodrun Wire, 8'6" Okuma Blue Diamond Roller Rods, and Walker 124mm Deeper Divers), 2 new 10' Braid Diver Rods (Okuma Classics), 2 new light line downrigger setups, 4 new Church Walleye planner boards, 20+ new spoons (Sliver Streaks, Fuzzy Bears, JP Slammers, Moonshines), around 7 new attractors, 3 meat riggs, and 2 Sliver Horde Plugs.

Overall Basically going to be re-learning how to fish out of a bigger boat with better setups.