• Full Nelson
    • Last nights bait
    • Cheap sunglasses
    • Golden Orange Crush Icecycle
    • Habanero
    • Michigan Blueberry
    • Super Slim Monkey Shine

Hey Members,

Can you vote on your hottest bait that caught most of your fish this year in the Dreamweaver Challenge.

Remember only one,

Caznik

DreamweaverChallangelures2006.jpg

WHT-Blue/Crush Glow Spin Doctor

Blue Bubble Fly

Capt. Gary's Orange Michigan Dolphin

Full Nelson

Last Night's Bait

Cheap Sunglasses

Golden Orange Crushed Icecycle

Habanero

Michigan Blueberry

Super Slim Monkey Shine

I have to say that the Capt. Garys Michigan Dolphin was the best for me on full core. But out of all the lures that we had to use there was only one that didnt catch any fish for me and that was the Habanero.

Caznik

By far, Spin Doctor - Blue Bubble was the hottest thing on the boat. I tried to buy another one over the radio about 8:30am or 9:00am but no one wanted to give their's up.

Second was the Michigan Blueberry on the rigger, next was Full Nelson as a slider.

All took a hit except Habanero and Super Slim Monkey Shine.

The Orange Michigan Dolphin on full core!! We took 5 or 6 on that combo including two of the fish that we weighed. The 17.8 that took big fish came on it - that fish came after 10 am.

Riggers w/sliders (cheap sunglasses, habanero, full nelson) were good early but the fish were small - one was a steelhead on the habanero. Later in the morning (last nights bait) took a 15lber down deep on a SWR. We also took a laker on that combo.

We took one of our top five on the spin doctor - fly on a dipsey. That was the only rip on that.

We took another of our top five fish on the monkey shine off the other dipsey. We also missed a couple of good fish on that same rig. That combo would be my second choice.

On the other lead core we ran the golden orange crush - we only took one small fish early on that. Considering what we did on the other core - this lure produced poorly.

Most of our big fish came after 8 am. The early bite were mostly small except the one on the spin doctor - fly. There were four of us on board and we ended up with our 12 kings to go with one laker and steelhead. It was the best day we've had (so far) this year.

Argh, I don't remember the names....

Obviously didn't boat alot of fish....but!

The all orange one took some rips.....brought in that 20lber that shrank by the time the weigh in happened....lol...

Lost that little green/black stripe ladder back to a pig when my rod expolded in my hands.....

And the dolphin which was what I picked for the poll boated 1 lost a few....

I had a sucky day...

Most of our big fish came after 8 am. The early bite were mostly small except the one on the spin doctor - fly. There were four of us on board and we ended up with our 12 kings to go with one laker and steelhead. It was the best day we've had (so far) this year.

Uh OH! I hope you guys didn't put 12 kings in the boat:confused:

I voted for the mich blueberry. The thing looked just like a blue dolphin with a blue tape and so I treated it just like I do my dolphins. I put it 50 to 60 down on my deepest rigger with a SWR. This rig took 5 fish. I took 2 on the blue bubble rig on a dipsy and 2 on the lemon ice looking thing with sideways tape. The rest of the spoons were very disappointing on my boat. I ran core, deep riggers, shallow riggers, free sliders and dipsys. I switched them up and kept my productive stuff consistant. I tried everything and had fun trying. Thanks again CAZ.

..........There were four of us on board and we ended up with our 12 kings to go with one laker and steelhead. It was the best day we've had (so far) this year.

????????????

Reference Rule number 2.

Here are the rules of the tournament:

2- 2 or 3 man teams (4 man teams must only catch a 3 man limit)

We got 2 kings on the Michigan Blueberry on a small glow dipsy set 3- 157 back before the sun came up.Later in the day we switched that lure to the downrigger and i had one on it after releasing the rubber band then letting it float to the top as i reeled in the downrigger cable, never boated this fish tho. Took another king on the Habanero off the downrigger 50 down 50 feet back (surprised to catch one on this lure cus ive had the regular one in my box and used it a few times before with no results they must jus like the mag size er something).Then we got the steelhead on the Full Nelson (lemon ice looking one) on a small chrome dipsy set 3-157 back.All fish were in 80-95 fow wich is where we spent all our time north but jus slightly north.Had one rip a few feet of line off on the Blue Bubble/Spin doc. large chrome dipsy set 2-120 back.We also lost our Last Nights Bait lure (silver/green/black strip)due to not closing the swivel after putting it on the downrigger line as a free slider.Seems to be alot of that goin around.Voted for the Michigan Blueberry.Had a good time thanks Caznik and Dreamweaver.

Tgafish and hunt4ever,

i just talked to Paul (Zboy) and everything is allright. He told me that he did only keep a three man limit fishing with a four man team. He just happen to word it or exsplain it to the thread wrong. So everything is allright now and he is still the Champ.

Rich

Caz,

Although we did pretty good with the baits this year, I have to say I was pretty dissappointed as a whole on what Dreamweaver sent us. We did best on the Blue Spinny and Fly, and took hits on all of the spoons. However, I do think as a whole we would have all put more fish in the box. I don't think It would have really mattered on our boat, since we missed somewhere around 10 or 12 fish to go with the 8 we boated. There were boats in my marina that absolutely distroyed anything that we did (including Zboy's pretty impressive box) in the tourney and they were fishing the same water I was. Just my .02.

By the way, in case you haven't heard it enough, you did an awesome job again this year!

I would have to say that the stinger jawbreaker spoon, the fishlander blue green dolphin spoon and holographic green and white spin doctor with a green krinkle fly by purple taco, have been our best lures consistanly for the past 3 years. I have the same spoons in dreamwaver and silver streak and the fishlanders and the stingers have outfished them running side by side. however they have all produced fish. we did not fish the tournement just wanted to add the feedback

Does anyone know what the name of the mag silver and black spoon with the yellow and green ladder back is? I don't know if I chose the correct one.

That spoon had 3 fish on it before 6:30 am off the rigger. Two big fish on that. Landed one 13# lost one bigger at the net and landed another small one. Overall most everything caught fish or had rips.