Copper

150 and 300 additions have been a great addition. I am just trying to figure out how to get 1 more of each so i can run 300 and 150 on both sides of the boat and of course 2 more rod holders. Man the wife will love this one.

Grizzly

150 and 300 additions have been a great addition. I am just trying to figure out how to get 1 more of each so i can run 300 and 150 on both sides of the boat and of course 2 more rod holders. Man the wife will love this one.

Grizzly

My wife counted 42 rod/reel setups on the wall in the garage...if I add another setup (2nd set of coppers) I'll be sleeping in the dog house. Should never had let her count them!

m

300,250,200,150 and 100. I have them all and all have caught fish. It's nice having a spread to choose from.

This is what I would do, it would be equal to a 15,12,10,7 and 5 color lead core.

Witch means you could run from 20ft down with the 100 and 60 to 65ft down with the 300.

• 4 weeks later...

I am so hooked on copper that I have 8 rigs ready to go, starting with a 90' and in 30' increments, up to 300'. Then a 450. Alot of times with 2 of us fishing, I will start with a 90,120 and 150 on the port side and 180,210 and 240 starboard.

Keeping about a 15'-20' spread between lines. IMO this makes for an efficient and effective spread for searching out the active feeders. If the mid-depth lines are getting all the hits, I will add dive bombs to the shorter coppers to reach the same depth. Then as the sun rises and the fish move deeper, the shallow rigs get swapped for the 270, 300 and 450. Also, the 30' increments are easier for me to remember the running depths of each. The 450 gets a TX-44. My walleye boards are tuned and marked for each length of copper for optimum performance and arranged in the boat to be deployed in the correct order. Anything to help setting up in the dark easier!

To this I will add a large reflective chrome dodger by itself off the probe rigger ball about 1/2 way down in the zones I am covering to call the fish into the spread and then pick them off as the coppers come by.

Hope this helps someone, or at least give them something new to try.

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...
My wife counted 42 rod/reel setups on the wall in the garage...if I add another setup (2nd set of coppers) I'll be sleeping in the dog house. Should never had let her count them!

m

Only 42 you are slacking I am pushing close to 65 rod and reel combos my wife however does not even know where they are all at. I would never hang them all in one place so she could count them that was your first mistake LOL. Most of mine have been bought in the last 10 years and here is what I did to get past the wife, I started taking her dad fishing and since he had no extra money or fishing gear I was required to buy more stuff. The grimace on her face when her dad would point out that if we only had this or that was worth it since she knew it meant i was going back to the tackle store and she really could not complain.

Only 42 you are slacking I am pushing close to 65 rod and reel combos my wife however does not even know where they are all at. I would never hang them all in one place so she could count them that was your first mistake LOL. Most of mine have been bought in the last 10 years and here is what I did to get past the wife, I started taking her dad fishing and since he had no extra money or fishing gear I was required to buy more stuff. The grimace on her face when her dad would point out that if we only had this or that was worth it since she knew it meant i was going back to the tackle store and she really could not complain.

I obviously have much to learn! Could I borrow your father in law?

Paul C.

I have a 150, 185, 250 2-300 and a 400 on a high speed reel, the high speed reel brings in the 400 faster than a full core / 300. only had to use it once this year and it took a fish. runs 80 - 90 feet down.