$25 fee seminar worth it at sport show?

BRIAN0214

I am going to the Ultimate Sport Show in Grand Rapids the 20th and they are having a Super Salmon & Steelhead Clinic 12:30 - 02:30 PM by Best Chance Promotions Stage E & F

Captains Dave Engle and Bill Bale will be on hand for a one time only special appearance for this must see presentation! ($25 Fee) The problem is I am going with my girlfriend so it would be $50 for the 2 of us.

Do you guys think this will be worth the money? I can't imagine learning much more than what I have learned alone form this website. So happy I found this website. You guys have been a lot of help. I will become a supporting member soon. I just missed 2 weeks of work and have hospital bills to pay first.

If you have never gone through it, it is worth going through it once. They have some different ideas that work well. The goody bag is worth the price of admission. It usually has about 40 to 50 bucks worth of gear in it, and it is all good usuable stuff. One of my best large flashers last year was in that goody bag. Another seminar that is worth going to is Jerry Lee's seminars on salmon fishing.

So far so good......Lets keep this post on track! :thumb:

Please keep any negative comments about what happened last year with Dave, Bill and the tournament trail out of this post.

Any negative post about Dave and Bill that references what happened last year on the tournament trail, will be removed and the person who made the post will be dealt with.

If you have never gone through it, it is worth going through it once. They have some different ideas that work well. The goody bag is worth the price of admission. It usually has about 40 to 50 bucks worth of gear in it, and it is all good usuable stuff. One of my best large flashers last year was in that goody bag. Another seminar that is worth going to is Jerry Lee's seminars on salmon fishing.

Glad to hear you had a good seminar with Jerry. I went to one of his in Novi about 5 years back and it was very poor. Basically a sales pitch for Silver Streak spoons. Seems like a great guy with ton's of knowledge on the TV shows. Maybe I just caught him on a down day.

I strongly agree with Adam. Bring a list of questions to ask the guys after the presentation. Almost every seminar I've been to the hosts have always ben very gracious with their time afterwards and will answer any question.

At the Novi show. Me fishing buddy and I both went.Of course the economy was good back then. We each got a big jon inline planer board,a flasher,couple spoons,some flourocarbon leader.It was when the superslims just came out, we each got a caramel dolphin slim (these have been hot for both of us) They went through the same programs that were printed in GLA magazine then would give anyone with a question a lure. I find it really hard to pick up anything when it is question and answer. There is just no direction.They also lied to me about one of there sponsors products that I had a question about. So last year actually made me :lol: It was well worth it for the lure package back then ( idk what it is like now). I am leaving all negative stuff go (cept the lying cuz thats bull)

For the money I would go the one that Fish -on bait and tackle is having. Was there yesterday and bought my tickets (they are $25). I went there last year and learned a ton of stuff. It is a small room so alot of one on one Q&A. It is on their website, of who is speaking. It is March 25, and they had some killer deals last year.

Salmon Unlimited of Indiana's March meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, March 28, 2011 at the Indiana Harbor Yacht Club, located off Cline Avenue and the lakefront in East Chicago. Capt. Bill Bale and Capt. Dave Engel of Best Chance Too Charters will be the Featured Speakers. This will be a meeting that you will not want to miss. There will be a $10 charge for all Non-Members of Salmon Unlimited of Indiana or you can join Salmon Unlimited and get a $10 discount off your yearly membership (New Members Only) So, get a couple buddies and come on out and learn a few new techniques that could help you put a few more fish in the box for this upcoming season. A tackle raffle will follow the meeting. You can bring your wife and she'll get in FREE :thumb: For more info you can go to www.suindiana.com

I've seen them before in wisconsin. They have some good info, but it will be half infomercal. They spend alot of time promoting their sponsors which in my opion is wrong when you pay to hear them talk about their fishing techniques. I could care less what kind of riggers or fishing line they use. I have seen just as good seminars for free, actually way better. As far as any grab bag I ever got, do people actually use the stuff they get? Mellsell is right on about asking questions, people shouldn't be allowed to ask till the seminar is over in my opinon, cuz all it does is throw the whole thing off track. This might sound negative but their is nothing more irretating to me that a speaker getting in depth about his technique or program and in the middle some guy asks a question about his favorite dipsey color or pound test line.

The seminar will cover some good information, the question you must ask yourself is are you a newbie or a seasoned vet, and what is the skill level of anyone else in the room. The material covered is greatly steered by those participating and not just attending. I have been to a couple of there seminars and the last time I felt as if a fair number of the people attending needed a salmon fishing 101: an intro class, thus it dragged a bit as they covered and recovered some very basic material. Thus go with your questions and ask when they are relevant. The other things to consider is their fishing style, which is heavy line, find our trolling direction and stay with it until we limit, these are items they do wish to debate as that is there style, if it is drastically different than your you may not feel satisfied. Given a choice I think the Dan Keating seminar is a little more well rounded and that overall he is a better presenter.

Now that it's over, I just saw this thread, how did it go? Did you get your money's worth? Any grab bag goodies we should be aware of for next time? P.S. Thanks to GLF creator for the call on BCII's no negativity comments, got tired of hearing that over at another forum last year too much. These guys are real sharp pro's no matter what, wish I could of made the show, just for the seminar alone.

I went to a seminar put on by Mike a few years ago. I had been fishing for a while but there is always something to learn. I know its alot of money for the times but if i can get some person to person knowledge then i think its worth it. They always seem to give out something at the seminars that their not going to tell you on a web site. By the way thanks for the color chart Mike.