Went out with Don (Fishsniffer) for a few hours 3 for 3 all Kings. First fish came on a rigger with a Evil Alewive spoon 15lb King nice battle took several runs at the back of the boat but finally tired him out and Don netted him. Next fish was Don's 11in King LOL returned to lake don't remember what it hit on. Last fish on a 5 color with Jays ugly spoon a nice 12 lb King also made several run fron the back of the boat. A pretty good night all in all did not lose any gear and only messed up a couple poles due to tangles ran the Z Boards will see if my pics came out as it was getting dark. Thanks Don for a nice evening on the water next time we take my boat and see if it works as well.

GJ Jim and Don. Nothing like catching them feisty Spring Kings.:)

Just a side note: It was nice to meet both of you at the GLF seminar awhile back. Putting names with faces helps me visualize what is being posted in the reports.:)

We were working 40 to 50ft pretty much right out front not a lot of action but 2 very nice kings in the box and a great way to spend a Fri evening.

Thanks for filling in the details Jim! :thumb:

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.greatlakesfisherman.com/gallery/files/1/1/4/4/107_1153.jpg' alt='107_1153.jpg'>

just giving an idea of the spoons ive caught most my fish on so far this year in muskegon...all silver streak brand left to right

bloody death mini

black screwball standard

black fin tuna standard

superscrew magnum

been hitting on 5 and 10 colors and rigger

as with most of us i try to remember the names of all the spoons...but i mix em up all the time..on the boat i told jim i thought it was an evil alewife then i thought it was a green alewife...well ..research has discovered it is actually a silver streak black fin tuna...im getting old and memory loss must be settin in

They are Cedar and come with a Big Jon release on the front and the Off SHore red release with the pin on the back. And yes they pull way out when you drop em back behind the boat and set them it looks like they have a motor on them heading out to the side. When we ran them on Marks boat for the Brown blast we had to adjust our setup to make sure we put them far enough back to keep them from running over the inside boards. All I can say so far is I am very impressed they are light and have no problem with them yet with a fish on. I will try and get some better pics of them as the season rolls on.

as with most of us i try to remember the names of all the spoons...but i mix em up all the time..on the boat i told jim i thought it was an evil alewife then i thought it was a green alewife...well ..research has discovered it is actually a silver streak black fin tuna...im getting old and memory loss must be settin in

I got 10 years on ya Don, and it doesn't get any better. It just gets WORSE!!