Boats In

GLF

I broke down today and had to put my boat in. GLF is at its new home in South Haven. I got off work at 12:30pm so I could make it to Muskegon, and be back through Grand Haven and Holland before the 5:00pm traffic hit.

I got up to Muskegon at 2:20pm and Brett(WFS) had it on the trailer already. :thumb:

boat_640924.jpg

I took the top down, hooked up my truck, and away I went to South Haven. Once I arrived in South Haven, I met Greg(Moosky31) at the gas station and I filled the tanks. You would have thought since I let Greg help me, that he would have paid the gas bill. :rolleyes:

Got tanks filled up, and headed to the boat launch. Arrived at the boat launch and discovered the docks are not in at the ramp yet. :eek:

docks.jpg

Good thing I had someone help me out. We decided to leave the straps on and start the engines in the water. Greg backed me in, and the starboard engine fired right up. :cool: The port engine cranked a couple of times before it fired up. :cool: It's lives again! After the engines warmed up, I shut them off, and Greg pulled the boat back out. We decided to leave one strap on until the boat was part way in the water.

ramp.jpg

I undid the last strap and hopped in. Greg backed me in deep enough to start the engines again. Once they were started, Greg backed me in deep enough to back away. Greg parked the truck, and I pulled up just past the Black River Park to a dock and picked him up. We took the short ride up to Boatyard Basin.

Here is GLF in it's home for the summer. :cool:

slip.jpg

GLF looks great! Its was just cleaned and waxed by www.autoshinedetailing.com on Saturday.

After we got the boat tied up in the slip, I had to run back to Muskegon to return the trailer. I finally got home at 9pm. What a long day!

Now its time to start FEESHING!

good job Mike... when you going to re paint her bottom..??? looks a little rough Dude!!! Sorry Sea Ray expectations coming throught you know...

The bottom looks bad in the image. It has some left over residue from last season. I painted the bottom 2 years ago.

Its a good feeling being on the water again after a long cold winter is'nt it Mike.:)

Boat looks great in its new home...:D

It will be an even better feeling when I have lines in the water, a rod in my hand, and a fish on the other end of it! :D

I am hoping to get out this weekend. ;)

Looks like your the first boat in the marina, good luck on your first trip out.

It's the first boat to be put in this marina this year. There is a sail boat that was in the water all winter with a bubbler.

Mike, I'm glad to see it's in the water. Mine will get splashed in a couple of weeks. We may do a trip or two in Big Jack's 17 footer. Don't the boats always look better in the water? It's what they were made for.:) I enjoy seeing the cabin boys reeling one in.:)

Mike,

How much did you pay for the wash and wax, if you don't mind saying.

I barter for lots of things. This was a "work for work" trade. I built their website, and they detailed my boat. Normally, I charge alot more for a website like this......but its my brothers. ;)