Ice Fishing Outing

GLF

I am thinging about putting together an ice fishing outing on Muskegon Lake sometime in February. There will will also be some sort of fishing contest...maybe multiple contests.

How many of you would be interested in this?

I'd be game. I could bring the portable grill along and we could meet around noon for prizes and lunch. If people have the 2-way radios we could pick a channel and keep in touch.

That's how the Fish Dog guys did it back a few years. They went out of 2nd street. I'm sure I could talk Jacob into it.

I'm with Adam on this one. I get the comradery connection, but prefer a warm bar for that. And to travel across state to ice fish for walleyes, when I live 10 minutes from Saginaw Bay? Well, it's like heading to South Dakota for Pheasants when you own a game farm here in Michigan.:P If this became a annual event and got moved to Saginaw Bay, I have pleanty of room for 2 extra bodies in my OtterSkin shany.;)

Im not saying i wont come, but i know how i get once we have good ice here on the bay. Perch and gills can be jumping outta the hole, but i seem to abandon the pannies and chase those toothy critters.:grin::no: Truth be told I actually do love catching gills, perch and pike through the ice...Its a riot infact and some damn fine eating as well.

And the comradera is unmatched when you have an event like this. We had an outting with another site on the Bay last year and had a blast. My Dad and I cooked walleye on the ice, other members brought seasoned fries, cole slaw, jerky, homeade tartar sauces, beer, pop etc....Was a fantastic day on the ice. Fishing had been real good for me all week and we got the guys set up there, but as the fish always do, they throw ya a loop. Had to move a couple miles but got on em in the end and many of the guys went home with fish. Believe me, it was worth the trip if a fish wasnt caught. Got to meet allot of good folks and put a face with a name. Its nice knowing more loonies who love what you love.;) I have no doubt the Muskegon Lake outing will be a hit with guys like Alleyes in attendance. Met Steve online and got the pleasure to meet him in person at the campground in Linwood and chatted with him more than once since. He's a first rate guy.

Heres some pics from our outting last year for anyone that may be on the fence about an event like this. Its a good time.

Outing007.jpg

Outing009.jpg

Outing011.jpg

Outing015.jpg

Outing016.jpg

Outing019.jpg

Outing020.jpg

Outing021.jpg

Outing028.jpg

Outing029.jpg

Outing030.jpg

Outing023.jpg

Heres the 4 i caught before i took the Ohio boys back in to shore. Came back out and caught one more to finish off my limit and also landed a sublegal.

Outing034.jpg

Not too bad of a day, there was a fairly stiff wind and it was definitely brisk out!

Anyhow, i dont wanna get this off topic, just wanted to share my experience and some photos of our outting for those interested in what a day on the ice with a group like this could be like. Its very enjoyable and if i can make the Muskegon outting i surely will.