She's fighting me....

What I do is buy it and have it delivered right to the house and when she asks what it is you tell. Honey we talked about this and I told you I ordered it. Then I say Im sorry I missunderstood you. I will return it. And its always the same. well there is no point in sending it back now you might just as well keep it.Then the next day send her flowers and tell her how great she is. pretty soon they stop asking questions and you can also stop sending flowers.:grin: or like my dad says just grow a pair and buy it.

I am not married so this may not count. But I have found that I boat a lot more fish with a device like this. That makes each fishing trip more productive and worth while. This makes the most of the fuel we buy and the time we put in on the water.

I am not married so this may not count. But I have found that I boat a lot more fish with a device like this. That makes each fishing trip more productive and worth while. This makes the most of the fuel we buy and the time we put in on the water.

Good point Tom.

Just tell your wife, the money you spend on the Fish Hawk will be made up with the gas you save fishing unproductive water. ;)

Ya know Robert, sometimes ya just got to lay down the law;);):D

If my wife had any idea how much I have into fishing equipment, she would shoot me.

Good luck with your endeavor.

Hehe same here Nailer, and at the mo I got so much fishing gear so she doesnt even notice that i have ten new reels and 14 new rods LOOL.

On the other hand, she said she wants a new kitchen and a new bathroom I think thats pretty fair.

/Kjell

Mike your a genius..... that's what I'm going to say to her, and then I'm going to buy her flowers......it'll work, then on to the fish finder....

We will come up with another good one so you can get a REALLY nice fish finder. ;)

You could just start by saying, "honey, I just bought a new boat...............oh wait, just kidding! I just went out and bought this Fish Hawk instead. It's an update kit for the old boat!" This would be the get slapped twice approach.

Or, you could try to beat her at her own game. Start witholding certain things in the bedroom until you get the fish hawk, then become the love god she's been craving. This would be the "headache" approach.

Or(gulp!), you could just rub her feet, massage her shoulders, make a lot of dinners, and put the toliet seat down. Tossing in a couple bottles of wine couldn't hurt, either. This would be the sweat equity approach.

I find that honesty is the best policy........I tell the wife I NEED to buy $XXXX dollars worth of tackle and she says, "hell no" and I say."I guess we don't eat this summer. Do you want to starve our childeren?" And she says, "what ever do what you want...."

I have to say that I am REAL lucky in this department.. IE: Question to wife.. Honey, do you have a problem with me picking up a couple of copper set ups? We do not have these in our arsenal, and they are a very productive tool..

Answer.. If you have the money for them, go for it. Do you need a few bucks?

My wife supports our addiction as much as I do.. I am a VERY LUCKY man!!

GOD.....I HOPE SHE READS THIS!!!! :)

I have to say that I am REAL lucky in this department.. IE: Question to wife.. Honey, do you have a problem with me picking up a couple of copper set ups? We do not have these in our arsenal, and they are a very productive tool..

Answer.. If you have the money for them, go for it. Do you need a few bucks?

My wife supports our addiction as much as I do.. I am a VERY LUCKY man!!

GOD.....I HOPE SHE READS THIS!!!! :)

Does she have a sister?

I usually use this method:

Talk for a few months about things that I want and then tell her how I have decided to save money and only buy a few things that I really need. Like a bunch of rod and reel combos and 20 flasher-fly combos. But I'm not buying the radar and $2000 worth of downriggers. See how fiscally responsible I am:lol:

Another good one is how it's a safety feature. That's how I got my chartplotter. Of course, my wife is insisted on an autopilot for our new boat when we get it. Even after I explained the cost. That's for her so I'll go along with it:D