Name sticker for boat

When I rename the Tiara, I want to use a sticker. It has one on there now that says "Sparky Boat" . I'm thinking a heat gun will take care of that.

Where can I get a new sticker made? In the past Boats where always named after woman. I was kinda thinking JoAnn Marie, for my wife? Or does it need a clever name? I'm not good with clever names. I was given Nailer because I'm a carpenter:D

Go real easy with the heat gun. Start on a corner of a letter to get it started, then pull while appling heat. You dont want to melt them off. Wheel out the transom good, wipe down with alcohol, then vinyl graphic. The guy who makes it for you will explain how its done. Then finish with wheel-wax. Mine cost $75

When I rename the Tiara, I want to use a sticker. It has one on there now that says "Sparky Boat" . I'm thinking a heat gun will take care of that.

Where can I get a new sticker made? In the past Boats where always named after woman. I was kinda thinking JoAnn Marie, for my wife? Or does it need a clever name? I'm not good with clever names. I was given Nailer because I'm a carpenter:D

Use a heat gun and as little heat as possible to remove the decal. The low heat should allow the adhesive to remove with the decal,(most of the time) You then should be able to remove the rest of the adhesive with alcohol, (not a mixed drink)no beer will not work either.

If you would like send me the info of what you need for a decal and I could give you a quote , Have vinyl cutter side biz (Embroidery ,signs ,T-shirts, heat transfers ect).

Just finishing up 2 decals for the back of my boat , Still waiting for registration to come back so I can put numbers on the boat too.

Questions feel free to email me at [email protected] or PM.

Ken your also not that far from me ,time permitting I could run the down to you.

Jim

Edited by jimcr
adding

Ken your also not that far from me ,time permitting I could run the down to you.

Jim

Ken lives in Michigan. It will take a little longer than what you think to get to his house from Wisconsin. :P

3M makes a nice decal stripper it is a wheel you can put in a drill is the best thing I have found for old stubborn stickers. Heat works great when they are intact and fairly new after they are old and cracked the stripper is the way to go once completely removed you will want to buff it out to clean up the sun fade. I have several friends who have vinyl machines south end of Grand Rapids Extreme Grafix is a great shop also check out Scotts Signs in Grandville I have known Scott since my kids were in diapers he does some really cool custom work.

hi sparky,getting the old sticker off will be harder than finding a shop to make a new one, 68th & 131 @ the old tack & trailer shop.take extreme time to remove old sticker with heat, to much heat & the jel coat will be screwed.I'll drop my var-speed wheel & pads off @ Ryan''s

I have been changing decals on trucks RV's and other vehicles for decades. Heat will work agree on the go slow fast what I mean is apply the heat slowly over a large area this can be done with a hot gun moving fast or a hair dryer moving slower. Use your bare hands to remove the decal if too hot to use bare hands use less heat all you are trying to do with the heat is soften the decal and glue. When the decal is at proper temp it will stretch as you peel it off. Use acetone to remove any glue residue then buff the area to get rid of sun fade. When installing the new decal you may consider using china marker to give you reference spots to line up with. Also depending on the size of decal and your ability you may want to use a soapy water spray on the surface prior to putting on the new decal this slows the glue down and gives you time to correct mistakes and get any bubbles out.

My bad I didn't realize it was Caledonia Michigan.
i am assuming that is caledonia, mi and not caledonia, wi.
Ken lives in Michigan. It will take a little longer than what you think to get to his house from Wisconsin. :P

Thanks all. I'll fix the Caledonia issue. Happy Easter:)