The new Tiara

Nailer

I was finely able to make some room and get a few shots of the new to me rig.

She's 30 years old, but looks almost new. I did a bit of re-rigging already, and plan to add a rod tree to the board in front of the diver holders. Now I only need to wait a long time to test her out.:( She's quite an improvement over the tin boat and Ryan's 1965 Slickcraft.

img_9164.jpg

img_9165.jpg

img_9167.jpg

img_9174.jpg

Very nice boat for sure!!!!;););)

The boat has a great layout for any activity, especially fishing! I'm sure the pictures don't do it justice as it looks to be in mint shape!

Personally I think the trailer may be a little light. I would like to see a tandem of the proper load rating under this rig.

In any case looks like you have chosen well. May your cooler be full next year!

Nice Rig Ken, I can't wait to spill beer and drip blood all over the back. :cool:

I just winterize the limo yesterday. heading to the storage barn later this week. I can't wait for spring.

:(

were going to have to have a planning session sometime in the next month or so I can finish setting up the limo.

I was also thinking of either a high line tree or building an arch for the limo - let me know when you want to do yours. I have full use of two different machine shops to do all of the fab work.

Personally I think the trailer may be a little light. I would like to see a tandem of the proper load rating under this rig.

I was thinking the same thing. I had a 20' fiberglass speedboat that was on a single axle trailer. It towed fine but all the years of sitting on the trailer bent the axle a little. Just make sure you block under the axles for winter storage and you shoudl be fine. I wish I had done it. Either way, looks like a heck of a boat Ken.

I was thinking the same thing. I had a 20' fiberglass speedboat that was on a single axle trailer. It towed fine but all the years of sitting on the trailer bent the axle a little. Just make sure you block under the axles for winter storage and you shoudl be fine. I wish I had done it. Either way, looks like a heck of a boat Ken.

I thought the same thing, but the owner said they all came that way. It has a very heavy Axle under her, with 2600 pound rated tires.

welocome to the club Ken

! You will enjoy that one, bet you cant wait to get 20 more rod holders on her!:lol:

That, I'm working on.

I did sit in her and have a few beers last Saturday while she was in the barn.

They tasted even better in a Tiara;)

Ken, I don't know how far or often you trailer, but my concern was more for safety than axle load rating.

A single axle has a small footprint. A tandem has better weight distribution and handling characteristics. Safer for you and the boat. Having a flat tire on a single axle could be disastrous.

When buying a boat from an individual or a dealer, you are ultimately responsible.

Here is one from my experience.

I bought a boat from a dealer and at the time of purchase I specifically asked what size of ball would fit the hitch. On the way home I could feel a little bit of slack in the coupling and thought it would be a matter of a small adjustment. Turned out to be a 2 5/8" coupler and not the 2" I was told!!!! Could of been really ugly!!!!

Fortunately for me the coupler was tight enough and the tongue weight was right and the tow home was over flat roads and it was a short trip!!!! I thank God to this day.

I'm jealous!!

Dang dab it!!!

Congrats, I can only imagine the delight you’re going through….really… I can only imagine… imagining...

:)

It’s only a matter of time and I’ll be trading up, but till then I’ll keep imagining