Just Hookn Done for Season 2009

We had an awesome weekend that capped off a great season on Just Hook'n.

Fished Thursday night out of Port Sheldon with only 1 fish on the dipsey. No other takers.

Friday morning took the boat on the trailer up to Harbour Towne in Muskegon. We were followed in to the dock by 1Maniac -Jim. Only my father and I on the boat so Jim decided to join us for a Friday night fishing trip. Headed out at about 6:15 and went deep (220-250). Did pretty well out there, 6 for 6. Fish were on just about everything. 300 copper with green ladderback ace high. Double glow ace high on downrigger 88 down. 5 color with glo xmas, full core with ???, and other downriggger with 11" white echip and green fly. So, we had no idea what to run the next day in the tourney only being able to run 6 rods.

Saturday morning we had planned to head out to deep water again. We got out early (5:30 and could not get lines wet until 6) so we decided to see what the graph said in about 50fow. Well it was lit up. Fish never stopped on the graph the entire half hour. So we dropped lines. Downs, dipseys and 5 color on one side 3 on the other. Picked up two fish in closer (50-90) but not until after 7:30. One of them was the big fish (17lbs king) on dipsey 70 back with white 11" echip and green fly. Stripped out 350ft of line before we could stop it. I forget what the other one was on. We also missed a few in here. Ended up deep in about 250fow. Got a few more out here on mostly higher lines ( 3 and 5 color). 5 color with mag lemon ice took two nice steelhead. 5 color on the other side with yellow machine missed a fish. We were a few fish short coming to the end of the event. With about a half hour left we were in 170ish fow. Suddenly we saw fish hitting the surface, so we put out 2-3color setups. Sure enough, there it goes with double orange crush. I thought, YES another steelhead. It was a king. But still good enough when the chips fell. Finished the day 5 for 9, but had enogh to win the points champion for Port Sheldon League. :grin::grin::grin:

What and AWESOME year on the water. Got the boat out Saturday night and ready to clean it up. Don't want a repeat of this year when we were waxing and everyone else was fishing.

good...now there will be some fish for us less fortunate fisherman who struggle filling theyre box:)

AH, there are always more fish in the lake. Sometimes (often) I just get lucky. All in all it was a great year. I thought 150 was good, then I looked at Phils (plumcrazy) numbers.