Last Trip of the year/ Musgegon.

What a great way to end the year. Not a lot of numbers, but a great day on the water. We set lines at 6:30 in 175 fow and headed West. Got a teenager before the sun came up, on a Flounder Pounder behind a diver back 100' set at 3. Next fish was a nice steel off a Carmel Dolphin slider set at 25' down. Then a steel got off the other diver. After she came off she jumped at least four times just to be a big show off ( I think I could even see her teeth as she was smiling at me). Later the Flounder Pounder took a third Steel. Lastly another small king was on the rigger. For the last two hours we went in to 100' to try and drag a king off the bottom, This did not work. The best water for us was 300'

We fished 11 different ports this year, getting fish at all but two. Oddly enough the one port we didn't get fish at was White Hall (darn June bite).

The other was Hessel, witch we only devoted a few hours to (when family calls and says meat and Potato's are on the table, it's time to leave)

Now it's time to watch my boy play Football and wait for the November Walleye bite.

Thanks to all that helped and/or gave advice this year.

Ken.

Nice job Ken. I consider myself lucky this year, and was able to fish of two ports. I borrowed a trailer in the spring and was able to fish South Haven for a couple of weeks.

Next year, my wife would like the boat slipped in South Haven, because it is a lot closer to the house. I am still undecided on where it will be slipped.

Nice job Ken. I consider myself lucky this year, and was able to fish of two ports. I borrowed a trailer in the spring and was able to fish South Haven for a couple of weeks.

Next year, my wife would like the boat slipped in South Haven, because it is a lot closer to the house. I am still undecided on where it will be slipped.

Wouldn't Holland or Saugatuck be a better option?

South Haven is a great little town though.

Wouldn't Holland or Saugatuck be a better option?

South Haven is a great little town though.

I can not afford a slip in Saugatuck. South Haven is closer to home than Holland.

I wont know for sure where the boat will be till Spring.