Last trip of 2010 11/6

3 boats, one day, good fishing. Dusted the snow off the boat Saturday AM :no: . Launched right about the time the sun was coming up. Kicked on the mr buddy in the cuddy to take the nip off. Car was registering 27*. Ran out to 150FOW and put it on a west troll towards the same way points from the last few times out. Just like clock work, hit the area wof the 1st way point and we started taking hits. Little bit of everything took hits. Lost a little bit in the confusion of the action. But finished our 5 hour trip 16/24. Kept 13, 9 steel and 4 salmon. Kicked back 3 other nice steelies. Here's what worked:

125 CU Starburst 5 hits

175 CU Superscrew 4 hits

9 color BLUE/Purple/Yellow 3 hits

5 color lemon ice 3 hits

3 color double orange crush 1 hit

DR 48 Down green dolphin 1 hit

DR 92 down flounder pounder 1 hit

DR 92 down/slider mixed veggies 1 hit

DR 72 down peters monkey shine 1 hit

DR 34 down red veggies???? 1 hit

Kind of lost a little detail in the action. At one point we had 3 on when the rigger @ 48 started hammering, lost that one on the rigger too busy with the other 3, landed those and then a 4th and 5th came in shortly after we got the 3.

Here's a few pics:

Our box

1106101343.jpg

All 3 boats fish

1106101506.jpg

Carnage

1106101547.jpg

1106101548.jpg

3 boats took a total of 32 fish to the cleaning station. Was an awesome day to round out the year. Tried to get out this morning. No wind on shore, drove to the piers to get a look and looked great. By the time we got to 100FOW we hit a huge wall of water, decided to turn around immediately and head in.

Did you really need ice in the cooler?

It's possible that I did not. But, those filets with a little bit of ice were real nice

Great way to end the season. Makes one wish the season was not ending.

I was thinking the same thing last night. Boat's in the driveway which is a sad reminder daily that we're done for the season......

3 boats, one day, good fishing. Dusted the snow off the boat Saturday AM :no: . Launched right about the time the sun was coming up. Kicked on the mr buddy in the cuddy to take the nip off. Car was registering 27*. Ran out to 150FOW and put it on a west troll towards the same way points from the last few times out. Just like clock work, hit the area wof the 1st way point and we started taking hits. Little bit of everything took hits. Lost a little bit in the confusion of the action. But finished our 5 hour trip 16/24. Kept 13, 9 steel and 4 salmon. Kicked back 3 other nice steelies. Here's what worked:

125 CU Starburst 5 hits

175 CU Superscrew 4 hits

9 color BLUE/Purple/Yellow 3 hits

5 color lemon ice 3 hits

3 color double orange crush 1 hit

DR 48 Down green dolphin 1 hit

DR 92 down flounder pounder 1 hit

DR 92 down/slider mixed veggies 1 hit

DR 72 down peters monkey shine 1 hit

DR 34 down red veggies???? 1 hit

Kind of lost a little detail in the action. At one point we had 3 on when the rigger @ 48 started hammering, lost that one on the rigger too busy with the other 3, landed those and then a 4th and 5th came in shortly after we got the 3.

Here's a few pics:

Our box

1106101343.jpg

All 3 boats fish

1106101506.jpg

Carnage

1106101547.jpg

1106101548.jpg

3 boats took a total of 32 fish to the cleaning station. Was an awesome day to round out the year. Tried to get out this morning. No wind on shore, drove to the piers to get a look and looked great. By the time we got to 100FOW we hit a huge wall of water, decided to turn around immediately and head in.

Just a little helpful advice. If you slit the throat just in back of the gills to bleed them out while they're alive it makes for a lot tastier fish.:thumb: The blood makes them taste a little different. The cooler gets pretty nasty, but you won't have the bloody mess when cleaning them.:)

Just a little helpful advice. If you slit the throat just in back of the gills to bleed them out while they're alive it makes for a lot tastier fish.:thumb: The blood makes them taste a little different. The cooler gets pretty nasty, but you won't have the bloody mess when cleaning them.:)

I will give'r a rip next time...

Jason, I will agree w/ Mike if you bleed them you'll wounder why you hadn't before, I think of it I will take pic's of my bleeders that I run on my boat and post them, simple outfits to make and they work I run one on each side, and then get a cheap pair of scissor's to cut gills,:thumb: