Can One have too Many??????

Boltman

If you only have rod holders for 9 rods, should you only have 9 rods? Answer that question.

And if not, How many Rods should One have?

If your Spoon Box only hold 150 spoons, should you only have 150 Spoons? Answer that question.

Now My Rods and reels store on the underside of my engine hatch(which is the whole back floor) I have to keep them out of view, this is the wifes rule and remember Happy wife Happy life... Should I find other ways to store my Rods in the Engine Room????It Holds 10 Rods and reels now on the undeside of the hatch....Oh The Riggers are stored underneath as well, attached to the hull with PVC rod holders...I'm think I'm good on the rigger Issue...

I know right now I don't have enough flashers/dodgers/spin doctors, but how many should one have????? hehhhehe these are all very important questions to be answered, since I'm so Damn Bored with this Winter crude falling outside.... I'm over IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want Spring to come....:eek::cool::cool:

Well remember I am not as nearly as HARD CORE and you men are with the fishing issue... I have to remian somewhat grounded, because the Wife said she'd cut me deep.. if it starts to look like a charter boat.....And she will man... it hurts...

On the flipside, sometimes less is more. I only have two rods I troll with. It is easier to manage on the water. But, as time goes on, I'm going to acquire more rods and rod holders. Now that the wife is letting me keep the boat and she enjoys salmon fishing too, the gear will accumulate and probably be seperated into "his and her's" :grin: Since I tie my own flies, however, you can never have too many of those. And with winter still here, I've got a mean arsenal ready to go.

Well remember I am not as nearly as HARD CORE and you men are with the fishing issue... I have to remian somewhat grounded, because the Wife said she'd cut me deep.. if it starts to look like a charter boat.....And she will man... it hurts...
:eek::eek::eek:

I think you need another boat, just for fishing!!!!:cool::cool:

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

yes you can never have too much of anything when it comes to fishing, but it sounds like you have a really good compromise with your wife. as long as you are catching fish and enjoying it, i would keep things as is.

more rod holders are nice for moving rods around and options for running rods. I also like having "spare" rods in case of any mishaps then i can grab a different rod instead of re-rigging immediately. but you also said you are not as hard core as some of the rest of us.

as far as the flashers/etc or any baits for that matter, more is better. them dang fish are always coming up with new ways to steal our favorite baits. always have back ups of those, plus they are easier to hide from the wife!

Josh you are a wise man, way beyond your years...I am going to do just that... she has mentioned now that she wants to start setting lines and managing them, NOt DRIVING SO MUCH AS SHE DID LAST YEAR WHILE TROLLING... I'm glad she wants to help out more..

Having more rods than rod holders can be a problem, if you don't have a the extra storage space. I started just buying more reels. I can then change them out with other rod/reel combinations. Works out good in the spring, when I don't run all of longer/deeper set ups.

As far as spoons go...I can hold 140 singles in the box. I then put multiples, of the same spoon, together. I have started a couple of rows on the back sides of the dividers. After getting up to the 200 range, I've had to remind my self that I have spoons that already catch fish. I have some that have never seen the water. I have some that I can't catch a fish with. Then I only buy one new one, instead of the 4-5 I use to buy.

You can never have too many rod holders on a boat. I was going to remove 8 storage rod holders but never did. I just did a mental count and I think I have 38 rod holders.

8 on the transom bar with 4 riggers

8 Rocket launcher

10 Bird trees including 2 I use for nets

8 Storage holders along side the helm and mates chairs.

4 Big Jon Multisets for Divers and walleye fishing.

I have rods that do double duty for walleye and Salmon. It's easier to hide a reel than a combo.:D

I just bought 4 more Diawa 8-1/2 foot rigger rods that I'll keep for backup. It seems we'll break a few rods every year. I repair the ones I can, and keep some of the broken ones for parts. Most of the rod repairs have to wait until late Fall and Winter. I'm never unprepared for the unexpected. If a rod get broken I have another in its place before I have a chance to wipe my tears.:) Ya can't use it if it's not onboard.:) I try and fish 5 days a week if the weather allows. So my gear gets lots of use.

I did the following, but it is not completely hidden. If you have a ceiling of an aft cabin it is a great way to keep them out of the way. Quite honestly, they often sit not broken down over the sink and into the main cabin though. But if we are having people on the boat they get stored neatly away. Love your idea about enginer compartment. I took out an extra gas tank this fall and that would be a great place for the riggers and trees. Thanks for the idea.

bayliner_-_just_hook_n_-_aft_cabin_view_2.jpg

My boat is a 16 footer and I have 13 rod holders (6 each side and one chute). When I hit the water I always have 13 trolling rod setups, 4 spinning rods for walleye and 4 ultralight setups. I usually troll 6 rods but when there is three in the boat I can comfortable troll 9. I get grief from my wife all the time about the amount of crap that I have in the boat but I love it! She didn't have a clue what I had until I scheduled everything on our home owners insurance!