Greeting everyone

Hi everyone,

First off let me start out by saying what a great site this is. It seems very friendly and there is a lot of good information around. I have been reading and enjoying it very much for the past week or so. I really like the fact that it seems to be pretty busy, some of the other sites I visit are too slow for me.

Here is a brief bio about me.

I recently celebrated the 18th anniversary of my 22nd birthday with my wife and 2 daughters and decided to retire from Motocross riding and get back into fishing.

The decision to retire from riding was difficult, but after countless trips to the ER, one relaxing "2 day all inclusive stay" in Beaumont hospitals intensive care unit because of a subdural-hematoma (bleeding on the brain), 2 broken ankles (twice), 6 broken ribs, 1 torn rotator-cuff, 1 fractured collar bone, 1 titanium plate and 6 screws in my wrist....I figure I better get out before I really get hurt. :D

Anyhow, I sold my MX stuff, and with the proceeds of the sale, I recently added a 23 foot Slickcraft to my arsenal of toys.

I am looking forward to shooting the breeze with you guys this winter, Salmon fishing in the spring and Walleyes in the summer.

Regards, Paul

I recently celebrated the 18th anniversary of my 22nd birthday
I have celebrated my 22nd birthday 20 times. :D

Welcome to the website Paul. I have seen you browsing around the last week, and am glad you decided to post. With your username, I was thinking you was a service member or an ex service member.

I use to play around on a dirt bike. Ended up fracturing both my elbows at the same time. :angry2:

Fishing is alot easier on the body. The only thing you have to worry about is possbily getting hooked.

I see you are on the SE side of the state. Where do you plan on fishing?

Mike

Welcome aboard Paul. Looks like you road test pretty well...loll Survived all that, you should do fine fishing. Buddy Tony, has a slickcraft and really loves it. Hope yours gives you lots of great service as well. Thanks for your sevice adn welcome to the site, looking forward to exchanging "war stories" from the big pond!

I have celebrated my 22nd birthday 20 times. :D

Welcome to the website Paul. I have seen you browsing around the last week, and am glad you decided to post. With your username, I was thinking you was a service member or an ex service member.

I use to play around on a dirt bike. Ended up fracturing both my elbows at the same time. :angry2:

Fishing is alot easier on the body. The only thing you have to worry about is possbily getting hooked.

I see you are on the SE side of the state. Where do you plan on fishing?

Mike

Thanks for the welcoming guys,

Mike, I am planning on fishing Port Huron, Lexington, Sanilac areas and maybe some Erie also.

Not sure what to expect from Huron as far a Salmon goes, but a 4 hour ride one way to Lake Michigan makes me want to try Huron and hope for the best.

Welcome aboard Paul... I make that 3 hour trek every weekend, I'm from Swartz Creek, near Flint..... I too used to ride a dirt bike.......when I was 18 years old.... Salmon fishing is much less painful.... until you put a hook through that webbing part of your hand between your thumb and index fingure... That really Hurts .....Oh and well as for Lake Michigan.... you cannot beat it anywhere......you will Love that Lake..... Welcome aboard Sir...

Welcome aboard! I have not rode my dirt bike in quite a few years. I tend to do more salmon fishing than anything. Once you get rigged up I would suggest trying a trip over to the west side here and join us in an outing. I know that a few members and their crew plan on getting together for some fun fishing. Its a great way to zero in on the fish and meet some members.

Thanks for the invites guys, and I accept.:D Just let me know when.

The reason I want to try Huron is simply money (or lack thereof). So for the weekly trips it will have to be around here, but I would really like to come to your side a few times at least, who knows, I might change my mind.

I can hardly wait until spring.

Hi everyone,

Anyhow, I sold my MX stuff, and with the proceeds of the sale, I recently added a 23 foot Slickcraft to my arsenal of toys.

Regards, Paul

Welcome aboard Paul.

Those are great boats. Do you have any pictures of her?