Broadheads

GLF Mobile

This is only my third year with a bow. I have yet to take a shot at a deer. I have had opportunities, but will only shot a 2 1/2 year buck or better during the bow season. Only once have I had that criteria present its self and could not get a draw on him. I would use those used blades for practice, as my field tips do not fly the same as my broad heads.

This is only my third year with a bow. I have yet to take a shot at a deer. I have had opportunities, but will only shot a 2 1/2 year buck or better during the bow season. Only once have I had that criteria present its self and could not get a draw on him. I would use those used blades for practice, as my field tips do not fly the same as my broad heads.

what set up are u using? broadhead, arrow, bow poundage ect.

I shoot Thunderhead or Muzzy 3 blade 100 gn heads. If i shoot a deer i check the blades. Any with knicks get replaced. I check for sharpness on the others and if theyre good they stay on. Sometimes you get luck and sneak between the ribs and they dont get messed up.

I shoot G5 Montec's and I just throw them on a stone and reuse them. They are buit to last and reuse. I have shot them into trees and they still stay straight. All the deer I have shot they have blown strait through and left a big triangle hole on either side. Massive carnage!:) Thats the only broadhead I trust.

It is the same as your old bow, a Point Blank. I have it backed down 2 1/2 turns= 65lbs. Arrows are Carbon Express Terminator Lite Hunter 6075 w/ Thunderhead 125.

oh ok... i tell u what my bow LOVES muzzys and rages if that helps ya at all. both fly just the same as my field points and after shooting 2 deer this year with the rage i am not looking back!

oh ok... i tell u what my bow LOVES muzzys and rages if that helps ya at all. both fly just the same as my field points and after shooting 2 deer this year with the rage i am not looking back!

Realize it, later on, that I had made a change last year. Switched over to 100gr. If and when I ever need to change, I will try the Muzzy's.

Not to get off topic, my point is... that it is good to have some practice broad heads to shoot.

if i shoot a deer i just put the arrow and broadhead up and dont shoot it agian. it makes it a bit easier to do that with carbon arrows and muzzy 4 blade 100 grain when you have an uncle who owns a archery shop and gives you a dozen arrows and broadheads every year for an early christmas present