Quantity or Quality

Are you looking for quantity or quality when fishing the Great Lakes?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking for quantity or quality when fishing the Great Lakes?

• All I care is that we catch fish.
    • I would like to catch bigger fish.

When you go fishing on the Great Lakes, are you fishing for quantity or quality? Please explain your reasoning. Also state if you are a charter captain or not.

Overall, the majority of people on charters prefer a lot of fish, over a few bigger fish. A few people each year complain about the size of fish, but overall most people prefer to have a lot of action, so everyone on the charter gets a chance to fight fish.

I personally prefer a lot of action as well. Bigger fish are fun to fight, but steady action makes everyone happy and it doesn't get boring after awhile.

i also like a lot of action ,and an occasoinal big fish becouse the peopal that go with me normaly only get out once in a while so a bunch of fish will get them to come back and i can go again becouse its starting to get hard to get a crew as the people i normaly fish whith have a lot of thing going on in the summer

When you go fishing on the Great Lakes, are you fishing for quantity or quality? Please explain your reasoning. Also state if you are a charter captain or not.

If tourney fishing,the answer is both.

If derby fishing,I can wait all day for one big fish.

Rec angler.

I used to be all about the quantity until we had a very large one on and lost it last year. I still have the lure it hit and damaged as good luck token. We fought that fish for what seemed like an eternity, but was actually around the 10minute mark. We got glimpses of it and I missed out on landing the largest fish I've ever had on. Maybe as I get older and wiser, I'll get the chance to get one like that again, only land it.

The exitement of that one large fish was awesome! Although, I won't turn down the quantity either. :-)

• 2 weeks later...