What kind of truck is #1

What truck is #1 for pulling your Great Lakes boat.  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What truck is #1 for pulling your Great Lakes boat.

• Ford
    • Chevy
    • Dodge
    • Toyota

Well what do you think is #1 for pulling power for your Great Lakes boat. I also mean gas millage, comfort for your crew riding with you, and backing up.

Here is my #1 right now:

DSCF1062.JPG

It’s a 03 Chevy cab in a half 4X4 with a 5.3 vortex and it came with a special feature called Quadra steer for easy backing up boats and trailers. This truck I must say go's through a lot of gas when I pull my boat.(10 MPG) Also the back seat is not comfortable at all for my crew riding back there. But the best thing about my truck now is backing up my boat with that Quadra steer. It makes it allot easier for me to get my boat in the water very fast. My next truck will still be a Chevy, but it will be a crew cab to give my crew more room when they go with me.

My vote is Chevy power....:good:

I have a 06 F-250 crew cab. Lots of room. More than enough power to pull my 24ft bayliner. And milage isnt bad when pulling 13-14mpg.

I do have to add that I have also ridden in some duramax's and they impressed me also. But I have always been a ford diesel guy.

Clair

i have a 07 dodge 1500 quad cab with a 5.7 l hemi equiped with the malti dispacement system and love it ,lots of power and lots of room in the back for the cerw i pull my 221 islander every ware with it ,im not sure what the gas mileage is pulling yet becouse i got it in nov but with the malti dispacement system in it i get about 15 to 16 driveing around town

i had a 04 with out the MDS and pulling it got around 10 and around town about 13

TERRY

Here's mine; 2005 2500 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Diesel 4X4 doesn't even feel the 8500 lb boat and trailer tagging along behind. 13-14 towing, 18 or so not towing.

288305-ram.JPG

This is my 4th Dodge Ram in a row, no reason to change. My boss always gets Chevys, and quite honestly, I just HATE how Chevy's drive. His 2004 2500 Duramax just spent 2 weeks in the shop getting the injectors replaced, apparently that's an ongoing problem with the duramax diesel. I'll take my Cummins powered Dodge anyday, Thank you.

Tim

I have an '05 Durango that gets the job done with my 22' Thompson Hardtop. For only having the 4.7 L it seems to be quite efficient. Compared to someone with the hemi pulling a lighter boat I win when it comes to gas mileage, then again, I am never pushing it to fast.

I am not tuting my horn. I have a 2003 F250 Supercab with a V-10. It only has 40,000k on it. 28,000k of those came the first 1.5 years, when I was building our house. IT SUCKS the gas. The only thing I do with it now is plow the driveway.

Last year I sold my 2002 Ford F150 5.4 V8 because it was a gut less wonder. It didn't like to pull my boat at all. After much research and a good deal came along I am now using a 2001 F250 7.3 Powerstroke. It pulls great and gets around 13 pulling.