Anyone getting the itch

Went out to the shed today and open the south door and opened the boat up, put the batteries in the boat and turned the main on went up front and turned the radio on and it worked:thumb: and got all my spring run bait down from the loft and put them in the boat, the put my new Big Jon triples on each side bought them last fall on sale they look nice, more to do but I'am getting started.

I opened the boat up today to take a look at some stuff that was left in from last season. i am filling rods this week and next week hope to have the boat home to mount two more rod holders and a new transducer. the weekend after the fishing show i am loading spring stuff and hopefully a week or two after that it'll be in the water.

Grant, I have had the itch since I put the boat away last season and so has the grandson. Spring seems to be taking it's good old time getting here. Did you just come out of hibernation?? :)

Yep Bill a nice hibernation nap:lol: was thinking of ya the other day was going to give ya a call then fell back asleep;) anyway deadduck woke me up friday text me asking me if I was fishing this spring in any turnaments, don't know have to see where I can the boat.

Hows your new boat comming?

It is still a work in progress Grant, but will get her done. I too am worried about where we may be able to launch this season. I am sure we can get out of the Black R. this spring but that does us no good for the summer.. The dredging from what I understand is for the marinas and the harbors but does nothing for the launches. Heard some talk they may drop in some gravel @ Sanilac but who knows???

and on the flip side of that Frank... I cant wait to get out and trying to figure out best timing to launch out of Grindstone City. Should I target early or late April ??

Does anyone have any input/info on the status of the launch site there, given drop in water depth? I am concerned that without any dredging, wont be able to get from lake to the small marina there.

Oh I got the itch, bought a new boat in october, and can't wait to get her in the water,Just installed auto pilot, the lowerance hds8, radio, Garmin gps, two big jons, and need to install side rod holders and planer masts, can't wait for warmer temps. come on spring!!!

and on the flip side of that Frank... I cant wait to get out and trying to figure out best timing to launch out of Grindstone City. Should I target early or late April ??

Does anyone have any input/info on the status of the launch site there, given drop in water depth? I am concerned that without any dredging, wont be able to get from lake to the small marina there.

Ill stop by monday and see. But hunting this fall was shallow.

Grant,

As you can see by my tag I have no idea what I'm doing. When you say spring tackle what do you mean? Or anyone? I have spoons,flies, is there anything I'm missing? I have never fished the spring. Thanks

Magnum spoons and flys work great for kings in the spring... If you can find them. Smaller spoons and stick baits (jointed rapalas and thin fins) along with the little red dodgers and flys work excellent for cohos when they show up.

Just what Erik said, that works great on the west side Lk. michigan, I fish lake huron and your in shallow water in the spring like 5 to 15f.o.w so I run the stick baits put them out 50 to 75 ft snap a board and send them out, look for the stained water around creek mouths in and out troll works best or on the edge of the collor line, the thin fins are a killer for me black and gold and orange and black and the rapalas, my speed is always 2.8 to 3.5 give them what they want.

Good luck Buddy

Ill stop by monday and see. But hunting this fall was shallow.

Steve and Steve... fyi I talked to a charter captain the runs out of G.S and he said its bad:eek: like walk acrossed the channel bad he don't think anyone will get out other then flat bottom or kiakers, kinda looks like P.A or Maybe H.B. if they clean them out. :rolleyes:

I used to alway go by the Dandylines when they flowered the kings was in Grindstone, but that was when we had lotsa KINGS to :cool: