25 pack anyone

Well we boxed a 5 man limit saturday out of sebewaing, but it took us most of the day. Headed out to the plug 25 to 35 fow had lines in at 8 and trolled to 1030 without putting a fish in the box. Alot of boats but no one netting any fish, and the chatter on the radio was everyone was marking a ton of fish but they werent biting. We made a 7 mile run to the back of the island chain north of sebewaing to some of my way points from years past, and started filling the box in purdy quick order. We fished the inside of the slot close to the islands in 11 to 15 fow, water temp was 76 to 78. The water was really stained and the fish were very aggressive, and so were the catfish. We had prolly 30 to 40 throwbacks and filled 2 coolers with big cats for a friend who wanted them. I got sick of catching cats so i switched the side i was running to hot n tots and that fixed that and produced some bigger eyes as well. Heres what worked 1 0z bb 20 to 30 off the boards with pink and purple crawlers, the tots were firetiger, purple, and black n silver. I dont think the fish will be in that shallow warm water much longer, im gonna start fishing out of caseville next weekend.

Nice job luke, I was out sat AM myself and slow was the word. Seems like sucessfull fisherman had to make a move and try new locations. Hopefully the fish are just moving around and not moving north to outer bay. Charities and hat point are a long run for any boat. Keep up the good fishing.

The fish are moving out of the inner bay for sure, i have some friends that are doing well out of caseville and port austin, they just started catching good numbers the last week or so. They are fishing straight out and north of caseville in 30 to 40 fow trolling spoons, crawlers and worm burners, port austin they are in 15 to 25 fow around the lighthouse, the best lure is reef runners./