Where did all these boats come from? Sure weren't out there in March!

With my 6 year old daughter in the crew we left late and set up well inside the pack. Dropped the first line at 7:20 and had the first hook up at 7:22 on a wire diver. Fished ran out to 250' and the wire undrecut (I had the drag replaced this year and the spool loosened up) and the reel locked up.

11# kings are fun in cold water with a locked reel. Finally just jammed it back in the holder to wait for it to break or rip off, and kept setting lines.

About 10 minutes and a couple rods later it was spinning, so I locked down the drag and reeled it in.

After that we never had a full spread in until 9am. Slowed down and we turned back to port, had a few more flurries, and packed her up on plane at 11am to get to work.

We ended up 10/16 with 6 kings (11-2#) and two eater coho in the box, two little guys released. Never saw 100' and never had to turn for another boat.

Wire diver mountain dew spinny 1/1

Slide diver mexed veggie nailer 3/6

2 color stinger goldilocks nothing

5 color batman J nothing

7 color mod caramel dolphin DW 2/2

Full core DW green dolphin 2/2

Rigger 40' down orange stuff nothing

Rigger 50' down DW coyote and blue dolphin 2/3

SWR 70' down NK mag die hard 2/2

If I was really working it harder I would have pulled the wire and put another slide out, and pulled the short cores and put out more long stuff, but we were being lazy.

Daughter didn't farm a fish and had a couple good net jobs even though she can't hoist them over the stern yet. Dad lost plenty. So she's good to go for the WMFL next weekend - probably put her on the stick instead of me.

WTG Kevin,maybe we can get your daughter mine and a freinds to fish the holland steelheaders tourney some day?Could be fun three proud dads and the girls puttin a woopin on the other ladies!Maybe in a few years. Jimbobber

Last Steelheader's meeting I went to in Holland I got there plenty early and then as the table filled up I was told I was in "someone's" seat. I told them to pound sand and they removed me from the seat and took it.

It will be a cold day in @#$@# before I do anything with the Holland Steelheaders. Granted 95% + of the guys are probably great people, but no thanks.

No, quote some time ago. At the VFW when Willis gave a presentation - ~ 5 years or so.

I go to a lot of GH meetings and have talked at SH and both are great. Sure Holland would be too if I tried again, but with long hours and little ones running around it's hard enough to get water time not to mention another night away from home.