Home Made High line trees

here is a picture of the new high line trees that I have been working on.:lol:

so far they look really good. just need to get them powder coated and they are ready for spring.

hpim2592.jpg

So far we are a little over 1/3 the cost of store bought welded trees.

Edited by Nailer
fixed pic

• 2 weeks later...
Nice job Jon, very nice. What did you make them out of?

I made them from 2" 6061 Alum tube. the base was just 1/2 x 4 x 6" alum.

one set was made to fit inside Bert's track. the other set will mount direct to the boat.

now I thinking of adding a Rocket launcher across the top that I could mount lights to as well.

We do a lot of night fishing.

nicely done jon...if youre anything like me(or most of us)you cant afford not to make everything you can...besides that means more on lures:grin:

like the guy that built the sweet looking ratchet holders, I have more time than money.

Plus with being an engineer at a machine shop helps, for those after hour G-jobs.

On the homemade rod holders:

If they are made out of 2 inch O.D. material get some Titeloc plastic end caps for them. Titelocs are the least costly and they have to be forced on. They don't need any glue to hold them. These protect the rod handles, and give the rod holders the same look as the store bought ones.:)

Here is a pic of my homemade trees. They have a pin on the bottom so they can turn towards the back. Mine fasten to the hardtop, and gunwales.

DSCN1368.jpg

:grin:

On the homemade rod holders:

If they are made out of 2 inch O.D. material get some Titeloc plastic end caps for them. Titelocs are the least costly and they have to be forced on. They don't need any glue to hold them. These protect the rod handles, and give the rod holders the same look as the store bought ones.:)

Here is a pic of my homemade trees. They have a pin on the bottom so they can turn towards the back. Mine fasten to the hardtop, and gunwales.

DSCN1368.jpg

Ken has already ordered the plastic caps.

thanks for info share. Spring is almost here...:grin:

• 2 years later...
I'm going to make one for a friend and was wondering what deg. are the holders. I know this is a older post but hate to just wing it.

Steve, 45-50 degrees is common for trees.

It's not a bad idea to use 40 on the bottom, 45 on the center, and 50 on the top holder.

That gives more rod tip separation.

Edited by Nailer