Got a call from some friends from Grand Rapids who wanted to fish over here for walleye. They had never trolled for anything ont he big water and asked for a list of all the things they needed. So, as requested, i sent him a list. Within 2 minutes of emailing the list he called me and asked if he could come fish with us. ...So, i said of course. So, Craig and Brian met us at the marina early this morning. We headed out early knowing the weather was going to be hot with no wind. So, we wanted to get out and get the jump on em before the sun got to high and shut things down. As we hoped we pounced on em as soon as we got lines in. It wasnt long and we had 12 in the box, then things started to slow down. We picked away at them for a bit and then things picked back up again. In short order we boxed our 20 legal fish and tossing back another 10 legal and probably a half dozen or so sub-legal fish. After that we had had more than our fair share of fun and more than i wanted of those damn knats!!! Other than the knats, it was a great day on the water. I think i have a couple of hardened bass nuts converted to walleye now.

To end the day we headed over to camp to meet my buddies Mike and Jeff. We ended up having a hell of a cook out. It encluded fresh walleye tacos, jalepeno poppers, cheese broccoli bites, onion rings and hush puppies. We ate like kings. Awesome day, couldnt ask for anything more.

Fished in 28' of water. 1 oz. inlines 40' back. Purple beads with Purple/silver blades. Chart. Beads w/parrot circus freak blades took the fish. Speed around 1.3 seemed best, although we did allot of speeding up and slowing down to trigger strikes when things slowed a bit.

So, after yesterdays great fishing they decided to stay the night and fish again today. So, we head out this morning, get a couple of miles and an alarm on the main engine goes off. It was the check engine light. So, we shut down, check everything out and cant seem to find anything amiss. So, i get he book out and read up some on it. Says the fuel filter is plugged....Only thing that bothers me about that is the motor has no signs of lack of fuel. Doesnt run rough or chug or anything. I have a feeling its the filter on the motor, if thats the problem, because my fuel line runs through a fuel/water seperator and then T's off to my four stroke kicker and then my main engine. Kicker runs like a champ. So, im hopeful that he filter on the main motor is just a bit clogged and that its not letting enough fuel through for the sensors liking....We'll, see. I cringe at the thought of marine parts or labor...Theyre always alotta $$$$$!!!

Fished where we stopped. Made a 3 mile pass, landed 9 walleye, 7 legal and about 6 sheephead....Really dissapointing day out there, considering my buddy ran all the way there and was boxed out by 8:45 am with a 4 man limit...Said it was phenominal fishing.

Fished in 20-24' of water. Fish were scattered, got em on leads from 20-40' back. Chart/Green beads w/silver blades. Speed, 1.0 was best for us today, not that we did that great. What a difference fishing 9 miles from your spot can make.

Will post some pics and vid when i get it uploaded.

Not yet Mike....My Dads gonna do it tomorrow....Im going fishing again...:no::lol::D

We did get a chance to talk to an Evenrude/Johnson Tech though and he said its one of three things. Fuel filter on motor, vaccuum line and diaphram...in that order....So, in saying that, i dont foresee it to be a tough fix....Knock on wood, fingers and toes crossed etc etc...If you wanna wish us some luck we'll take that too.:D