Tow Vehicles

GLF

With the way the fuel prices are, I was wondering what everyone is using for a tow vehicle. Myself I have an F250 with a V10. This gas guzzler gets a whopping 10-12 mpg. It sits 95% of the time unless I am using it to tow. I wish I would have picked up one with a diesel instead of the V10 :rolleyes:

What are you using to haul your rig with?

1995 Ford Ranger, 4.0 automatic. I figure around 18 to 20 mpg. Not bad for what I need. My boat is around 1 ton and this truck handles it nicely. I have concidered getting a bigger boat but then I would need to upgrade the truck. Think I will stick with what I have for a while, everything works fine.

I tow my boat about (4500 lbs) with an 04 Chevy Suburban 2500. Vortec 8100, complete tow package trans & oil cooler. This truck has lots of goodies TV, DVD, VHS, OnStar so who cares about the gas milage. If it makes the wife happy my jobs half done!!! :D

Its an 05' Tacoma with a 245hp V-6. The boat and trailer run about 3,000lbs dry. I get 17mpg when I tow and 22mpg not towing. The tac runs around 2,400 rpm at 70 mph. My only problem is the transimssion has a passive computer system that changes shift points based upon the drivers driving habits. Unfortunatly, that all goes out the window when I hook up.

TakeSix002.jpg

I got a '04 Crew Cab 1/2 ton. Pullin the boat I get 13 or 14 @ 75mph. If I can keep it around 65 to 70mph I get around 15 to 17mpg. I got a K&N but I still need to get a exhaust. Who wants to take there time when there on there way fishin':D

(But im not talkin drivin crazy)