Holland paying it forward 6/8/13

Great plans, great weather, lousy fishin, humble pie served as JUNE fishin holds true.

3:37 am, one of the crew bails out, decide to go anyway, 1 hr later than planned as I wait for the first mate to get out of bed. Pretty sunrise from the park n ride. Turns out BK now has donut holes...

Launch boat and there is another whaler launching next to us, but their boat wont start so we offer Rick n Dennis from Holland to go with us as we were short a pair of hands anyway. Seemed like nice guyz that appeared appreciative for the impulsive invite. Sucks to launch a boat and then NOT go. Didnt guarantee a fish but felt optimistic.

End result, 1 dink ho from a 300' copper on happy meal mag in 83 fow.

Pull lines at 11:00 discouraged, but still smiling, because I got to go fishing instead of yardwork.

A simple Thank you and goodbye would have been nice, albeit expected. Hell if I was in their tennis shoes, my M.O. is to offer to chip in a little $ for gas expenses...freaky deaky dutch...

So we dock and I head to get the trailer, these guys decide to duck out without saying goodbye let alone Thank you or a small token of appreciation. Those old guyz should know that a little courtesy and ettiquette go a long way and karma will catch up to you. Guess I'm old school and was raised differently.

Glad to say I leave Friday on a float plane for the canadian bush to get unplugged with my son and great comrades for 1 week of walleye. see u in July at the launch.

Great plans, great weather, lousy fishin, humble pie served as JUNE fishin holds true.

3:37 am, one of the crew bails out, decide to go anyway, 1 hr later than planned as I wait for the first mate to get out of bed. Pretty sunrise from the park n ride. Turns out BK now has donut holes...

Launch boat and there is another whaler launching next to us, but their boat wont start so we offer Rick n Dennis from Holland to go with us as we were short a pair of hands anyway. Seemed like nice guyz that appeared appreciative for the impulsive invite. Sucks to launch a boat and then NOT go. Didnt guarantee a fish but felt optimistic.

End result, 1 dink ho from a 300' copper on happy meal mag in 83 fow.

Pull lines at 11:00 discouraged, but still smiling, because I got to go fishing instead of yardwork.

A simple Thank you and goodbye would have been nice, albeit expected. Hell if I was in their tennis shoes, my M.O. is to offer to chip in a little $ for gas expenses...freaky deaky dutch...

So we dock and I head to get the trailer, these guys decide to duck out without saying goodbye let alone Thank you or a small token of appreciation. Those old guyz should know that a little courtesy and ettiquette go a long way and karma will catch up to you. Guess I'm old school and was raised differently.

Glad to say I leave Friday on a float plane for the canadian bush to get unplugged with my son and great comrades for 1 week of walleye. see u in July at the launch.

Well this says a lot about your character vs theirs. Too bad some people are so rude. Like they say "No good deed goes unpunished". Sad but sometimes true. Fish On!

Diamond,

Unless you really,really offended them somehow, I cant believe they just walked away from ya without even a little love offered up. I don't care if you caught fish or not that's just unsportsmans like conduct. I get a little peeved when I cant even get a courtesy wave for letting somebody cut in/traffic, Id be disgruntled to say the least if I were in your shoes.

Good luck in Canada!