Vanish

Flyboy

I forget who it was on this site that tried to tell me that berkley vanish stinks, I think it was Dave Ash, and I defended this stuff. Well, whoever it was, was right. This stuff sucks! Its horrible! Broke three times tonight, thankfully the line broke twice just as the net made it under the fish. The other time cost me a $9 bait. This stuff is crap! Luhr Jensen snubbers rank up there with them. Broke two in the last two trips.

I have to agree with Ken. I used the Blood Run Fluoro in 12,20,,30 and 50 and it has been great. I used it on crawler harnesses, leaders for my mini disks, dipsey leaders, fly leader line. Stuff is very abrasion resistant and very strong.

So weird, but I've did just fine whacking fish on Vanish. I've landed kings, cohos, and all seasons of steelhead on it. I ran Seaguar flouro(4lb) back in spring of 2003 for the first time. I broke off two big hens at shore on back to back drifts at the mouth of the Au Sable one morning, and never used it again. All around, I like green Max.

I forget who it was on this site that tried to tell me that berkley vanish stinks, I think it was Dave Ash, and I defended this stuff. Well, whoever it was, was right. This stuff sucks! Its horrible! Broke three times tonight, thankfully the line broke twice just as the net made it under the fish. The other time cost me a $9 bait. This stuff is crap! Luhr Jensen snubbers rank up there with them. Broke two in the last two trips.

Amen, been preaching the woes against Vanish for a long time, just ask Wolfman about the junk...:D

I have been running it for a few years and have had very few breakoffs, if any that were due to the line. Ive had more issues with backer and other parts breaking. I guess i feel the price of flouro "leader material" is flippin crazy. I would guess i caught at least 80 fish this year with Vanish and three 19+lb kings on the same rod with 20#vanish in 8 days. I do replace all leaders every year.

Just my .02 :)

Im sure it will be nothing but break offs tommorow!!! lol