Need distributor help

Looking for some ideas on where to call for used engine parts.I have a volvo aq131a that the mechanical advance springs in the distributor broke.The distributor is a bosch and the part# is 0231178019 it is an 1986 in a bayliner trophy.I havent been able to locate one or any repair parts so any help or suggestions would be great.Thanks in advance!

Looking for some ideas on where to call for used engine parts.I have a volvo aq131a that the mechanical advance springs in the distributor broke.The distributor is a bosch and the part# is 0231178019 it is an 1986 in a bayliner trophy.I havent been able to locate one or any repair parts so any help or suggestions would be great.Thanks in advance!

Aaron did you check with Iboats?

They sell parts, as well as have a forum for questions.

I have a volvo also. Only place to get volvo part that has anything in stock is Vans on alpine. Don't buy used you'll just be replacing it again in a year or two. If your boat still has a points system you can get a kit to change it over to electric ignition. I did it on mine and am overjoyed that i did. I hate messing with points. I think the kit was like 250 from vans when i did it. Came with new distributor coil wires cap rotor and what ever else was needed. I bought the kit then had johnsons install it as i dont know how to do that kind of engine work.

Van's Sport Center Inc.

1855 Alpine Ave. NW

Grand Rapids MI 49504

Phone: 616-364-0666

Email: [email protected]

I know this isn't related to that but if you need a spare prop michigan prop in grand rapids has demo volvo props and rebuilds for a really good price right now.

Thanks for the help everyone! Vans was really helpful and could get a new distributor but it was $1200.00 from Volvo so I ended up buying a spring kit from the local performance store and kept changing out springs until I found the right set to make the advance correct. Thanks for the help everyone

im not positive about volvo but you can get kits for mercruiser to just do away with the points. you can check with i think its

[email protected]

they sell all kinds of motors and parts for boats. i thing the guys name is roger that i always talk to. the electric points are just so much better than the old points. check them out and let us know what you find out. its great that you found what you needed but it wont hurt to check it out for next time anyway.

sherman

Thanks Sherman I'll give them a call! I have allready switched the ignition over to electronic and got rid of the points system this was a problem in the guts of the distributor I'm gonna run it like this until I can find another reasonably priced distributor

Thanks Sherman I'll give them a call! I have allready switched the ignition over to electronic and got rid of the points system this was a problem in the guts of the distributor I'm gonna run it like this until I can find another reasonably priced distributor

hope they can help you out. good luck.

sherman

Vans should have given you the aftermarket price and availability also. Usually on a part like that when i have called they give you the Volvo and also aftermarket without even asking if you are concerned about aftermarket. I would call them back and ask about aftermarket for that engine. Unless there isn't one available for that one though. I think i would inquire about it. Also ask about other part number supersessions. I know working at the Volvo truck dealer that there are usually 3 or 4 good numbers and you can run all the suppersession numbers to find the after market. Volvo superseded numbers constantly even if the part hasn't changed at all.