Was reluctant to venture west for a day of coho fishing because of weather reports. NOAA started the year where they left off last year, inaccurate forecasts. It was a nice morning on the lake. Cleared the piers and started setting lines right there on a south troll. worked from 8-30FOW finding 12-14FOW to be the most productive. HJ12 glass perch was the best of the day. Close 2nd was a firetiger storm lure. craigs steelhead super slim took a few rips 2/3 on flies, and only one of those were on a dipsy. Went 12/16 in short order. After #12 was in the cooler I think the fish disappeared. Worked the waypoints 3X a piece and NADA, worked our way out deeper and NADA, changing lures the entire time. I think the wind kicked up and shut the fish right off. Nice day out there.

Was reluctant to venture west for a day of coho fishing because of weather reports. NOAA started the year where they left off last year, inaccurate forecasts. It was a nice morning on the lake. Cleared the piers and started setting lines right there on a south troll. worked from 8-30FOW finding 12-14FOW to be the most productive. HJ12 glass perch was the best of the day. Close 2nd was a firetiger storm lure. craigs steelhead super slim took a few rips 2/3 on flies, and only one of those were on a dipsy. Went 12/16 in short order. After #12 was in the cooler I think the fish disappeared. Worked the waypoints 3X a piece and NADA, worked our way out deeper and NADA, changing lures the entire time. I think the wind kicked up and shut the fish right off. Nice day out there.

Nice goin Jason, I was really disappointed with the forecast for the weekend and had planned to stay in Kalamazoo, but aftrer looking at the web cam this afternoon gonna hit the Joe tomorrow after church.

Nice goin Jason, I was really disappointed with the forecast for the weekend and had planned to stay in Kalamazoo, but aftrer looking at the web cam this afternoon gonna hit the Joe tomorrow after church.

I have sat on shore too many times because of forecast-ed conditions. The morning was nowhere near the 3-5 or 4-6 depending on where you looked, it did pick up this afternoon like it was supposed to, but the morning was easy!