D river shakedown

Well I had my shake down on the detroit river today for about 2.5 hrs. Before seeing a massive i jam around the Bridge waitingf to break loose. We were 0 for 3 with the air temp 13 degrees and the water at 38. All hit were in 20' of water on 3/4oz jigs w/o stingers and 4'' gulp alive smelt. I think Ill be waiting for some warmer weather before getting out again. At least 40 degrees for a high will be nice Lots of ice bergs in the river so be carfull I saw a lot of clear ice that will tack a lower unit out at high speed.

Steve

Yes It was all tuned up and they rebuilt the water pump. I was told I wouldn't be getting it back till the end of next week from the marina after running the lower unit dry last year. I guess thats one advantage to lower HP engines. It turned out that All the gears were still in good shape so I only had to replace the prop shaft seal. When they called yesterday I took off work early to go get it and spent the night getting everything ready. my oldest boy was waking me up at 430 wanting to leave for the ramp. I am going to give it another try mid week with a couple guys from work.

More reports soon

Steve

Depending on the ice I will be launching at St Jeans Also. I launch downrive and run up river untill the ice is gone. Lst outing I was mid river. out of Wyandotte. Hopefully the ice will be gone.

Does your brothers boat have a radio and handle. I will be out sat from 6am -10am amd sunday 6-10

If not I'll get you my cell and maybe we can give each other a hand zeroing in on them.

Steve