South Haven 9-15 - PM Trip

I was joined by Greg(moosky31) and Brian last night, and we had a great night on the water. We got a late start last night do to one of the crew witnessing an accident(they watched someone drive into a tree:eek:) on the way to the boat. The driver was the only person in the vehicle, and he was OK.

We practiced catch and release last night. Had lines set at 5:30pm and fished till 8:30pm. Ended up 5 for 12 with 3 chinook, 1 coho, and 1 lake trout. Ran out to 180FOW and dropped in Found the temp break down 120'. All of the fish came from 185-165FOW. Our best troll was heading SE. This is why I put it as 185-165.

I use 15lb cannonballs. Our best speed was 3.5mph at the ball.

This is what worked.

A rigger parked at 140' with a Stingray size Killer dolphin was our hot setup last night as it went 4 times.

Rigger parked at 150' with a Stingray size Blue Dolphin went 3 times.

The rest of the hits were on wire divers.

The wire(7 strand) divers were on 2.5 with mag rings with 350' and 400' of line out.

1 hit on an Stinger Blue Dolphin prochip 8 with Siggs Rigs blue green hypnotist trophy fly. We lost this set up because the leader broke. :(

1 on a blue with silver holo prochip 8 with a Siggs Rigs blue and pearl crinkle trophy fly.

1 on a blue wiggler prochip 8 with a Siggs Rigs powder bubble trophy fly.

I do not remember what the last 2 on flasher and flies came on. :(

I sharpen all of my hooks. 4 of the 5 fish we landed were hooked by the skin in the corner of the mouth.

If the weather cooperates, I will be back out Saturday morning.

Nice job Mike.

Hey tangledmess, what exactly do you mean to "change your angle"?

Hey means change the angle of troll, "only by a few degrees", he told me this out of Holland tuseday nite and we never lost another fish" and there mouths were litrialy glued shut.:thumb: