Saginaw River HAWGS!!!!!

Fished w/ "Walleye Guy" this weekend on the Saginaw River. We fished upstream from our normal spots and struck HAWGS!!!!! with one weighing in @ 12lbs. I was the proud net man for the well deserved trophy. The fish looked like a submarine coming up from the depths :D

getattachment.jpg

12# now that is a dandy! How bout a little bit of detail, ie., technique and fow that you were targeting???

JWHEELER, we were vertical jigging w/live bait and rubber minnows. Fish were caught in approx. 18-21 ft. of water.

Tell walleye guy congrats from me or maybe he'll post it on my board as well. You guys sure put in the time on the river. That must be the twin sister to my brothers 13 pounder.:eek::P I hope it's going on the wall like his is. They are great to catch, nice to see, mount and display, but the fleah takes on a little "WANG" :beee: taste anything over 5 pound IMV.

tell walleye guy congrats from me or maybe he'll post it on my board as well. You guys sure put in the time on the river. That must be the twin sister to my brothers 13 pounder.:eek::P i hope it's going on the wall like his is. They are great to catch, nice to see, mount and display, but the fleah takes on a little "wang" :beee: Taste anything over 5 pound imv.

exactly:)

After a little prodding from LastPass ,I've registered and have introduced myself at the Welcome center. Hello again, my name is Nick. I've been encouraged to take credit for the beast in question. I'm not in the habit of posting results after every outing nor do I intend to. After 3yrs of learning to pattern walleye in this part of the state, Let's just say that we do as well as any other fanatics on the water. Though I'm still learning, I'm willing to pass along what I know if requested, now and in the future. However, every so often the bay area gives up a true trophy worthy of showing off. This past weekend was no exception. No doubt bigger fish have been caught, and will be caught by others, but for me this is a personal best for the walleye species. Having thrown back what many consider trophy walleye, that did not meet nor exceed 10lbs,(my personal goal) I'm proud to say this one is going on the wall. The official weight is 11.72lbs and 32inches before I froze it. Also, for the record, LastPass caught a few more than I did that day, that were of trophy caliber as well, showing me a thing or two, not to mention he is great netman. Thanks again John for the knowledge shared and contribution to a memory of a lifetime. As usual all the really big ones went back into the drink, minus the beast, to reproduce and sustain this great fishery we sportsman have been blessed with.... and the smaller ones were delicious.:grin:

Obviously I will be in need of a reputable taxidermist. If anyone knows of one in the Bay area, feel free to point me in their direction. Thanks in advance.