Friday 13th SouthHaven

Well I like Friday the 13, atleast this one. Last trip for this season.

Launched just before light.

Forecast was 1-3's YEAH RIGHT!

Boat ignition switch seemed to not like cold-but we got going after some precision switch jiggleing:o

Got out and trolled out to 120fow...we had the lake to ourselves.

No feesh was hitting,so while looking around and comenting on the 4-6 footers. Notice a huge flock of gulls out ahead, so we adjusted the AP to head there way. Got within 100ft of the gulls and 2 rods popped-1 lost ? and a boated SH.:D. went out and cicled back around and came back thru and got another SH and a Ho. Then it was time to pack it in.

2 SH ,1 Ho better than skunk.

Thanks for all the reports and advice this season. Be talkin to ya'll in GD over the winter.

Ho season is just 'round the bend:)

Time for deer now.

GTR

Ya thanks.

Gotta love the feeeshes:grin:

Forgot to mention,2 hits on orange/gold wigglewart flatline. 2 on a little blue fly w/ blue SD on 5color.

Not that it matters though,ya'll was workin or sleepin this morn.:P

I also will add that I had a MAJOR tangle toward the end ....by the time I got it all set back I was GREEN sick!!! never been sick on Michigan before. Man I hate that feeling.:eek:

GTR

Ginger snaps and Vernors ginger ale works great for the seasick prone people I take with me! Way to hang in there. George! 4-6 footers is not easy or fun fishing.

Duane

I most always have some ginger snaps ondboard, along with some ginger altoids.

Thanks guys.

I've gotten sick on Erie before but never on Michigan. There is somthing different about the wave action between the 2 lakes.

I think the 15min. of line untangling did me in. Can't be concentrating that hard and moving up/down in rough seas...=chum. Shoulda just cut it fast and re-tied.

GTR

Nice job George.

I was just commenting to someone this weekend that there are still guys catching fish on the lake. They didn't believe it. Thanks for the proof.

Hey man we had the WHOLE lake to ourselves, almost gave me the creeps.

It was just 2 ft when we went out at lite,but quickly went to 6+ @ 120fow.

Me and Pop was off the lake by 1230. I think we we could have had a better run had I been paying more attention but whatever.

To your comment of fish cathing....? if the h2o aint froze...cant ya catch 'em?

I have started another thread to see about the river this winter.

I cant wait till ice out. A fisherman like me needs them aggresive Ho's to get me primed for the year:D as even a dummy like me can fill the box w/ them.

GTR