Inconsiderate Boaters

MY2SONS

You can always tell a fisherman vs a pleasure boater on the water. I recently purchased my dream boat. A 2003 Baha Cruiser 277 GLE, and it's my pride, and joy. I didn't have the funds this year to slip it since it's relatively cumbersome to trailer with a 9'6" beam on her so I'm stuck with the public DNR launch. Upon docking I was getting my gear in line ready to be taken off, and put in my truck when along came a pleasure boater who lost control of there boat and bumped into the starboard side of my boat. The moron just sat there, and stared at me without even saying they were sorry. Normally I would have came unglued and let him have it, but I remained calm since there wasn't any visible damage to my boat besides a scuff that can be buffed out. I went to get my truck, and as I was backing in my trailer I was letting my emotions get the best of me as I saw him walking up the ramp. I stopped him and said "You know you could have at least said your sorry after bumping into someone's boat". He didn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer so I cut him some slack after he appologized. It may have gotten ugly had there been damage to my hull that required repair. Some people are so inconsiderate of other people's property.:angry2:Sorry just had to vent.

Well I'm both, but if I'd ever bump into anyones boat, I'd be the first to get off check for any damages and certainly be the first to apologize....so it's not all pleasure boaters... it's just the idiots... but You know we seen a lot of Idiot fishermen last night in Ludington.. wow most fishing we on a North and south troll, but you have the idoits with too much Beer in them running East and West, mostly small boats like 17 and under...Oh there were some tempers flairing out there for sure.. But I'm glad noghting happend to your dream Boat....

Good thing for patience! You see all kinds on the water, and it will blow your mind the crap you see people do. You're right though, he was lucky there wasn't any damage done to your hall, that my call for some kind of talking to. Glad to hear you kept cool about it, sometimes you just want to scream. But when you think back, would it really accomplish anything??? Maybe fist to cuffs. I learned a few years back that the best thing to do when something happens, is to go through the proper channels. If that means getting the law involved, don't hesitate, do it. If you don't, and lose your cool it could easily be you getting in trouble, regardless of the fact that someone ran into your boat. One other thing I like to keep in mind is the amount of insane imbusiles(sp?) that are out there. Last thing I want to happen is say something to a person who just did something stupid and have a gun pulled on me!!!!!!!!!:angry2: because people can be just that damn stupid.

That idiot who hit your boat is a small percentage of the goofballs out there. Also not worth risking your life, you never know what some idiot will do.

If you want a good laugh, then pick a busy launch and pick a spot out of the way with a good view. I got a new perspective on mankind and had a good laugh at the same time.