i thought yesterday was sloooooow , that was NOTHING :eek:

i left the dock at 5:30 with fishwisperer and a freind from work today , we shut the dog down in 275 fow and went on a west troll ,this is 13 mile out ,we worked that area for about 2 hours with no results , so we deside at a flip of the unlucky quarter to head for the TRULY LONG RANGE TRIP, and shut down in 315 this was about 22 miles out ,and go west till noon or we find fish, well noon won we ended the day in 385 fow this was 31 miles and acourding to my gps it is only 76.9 mile across , this was the fathest the dog has ever been out

we only had 2 fish to show for our efforts 1 nice steelhead and a nice 6 lbs king, the both came on a 5 color with a rodman spoon

also we never found a temp break or much or a scumline ,surface temp was 57.9 just out side of the river plume and 55.7 in 385fow

all i can say is it was a great day for a LOOOOONG boat ride (it took 1 hr and 16 min to get back to the peirs) COME ON JULY YOU CAN'T GET HERE FAST ENOUGH!:)

At least the lake was flat would have really sucked to make the run in 2 to 3 ft waves. We ran out at 3500 rpm and in at 4200 rpm flat out smoking in a 17 ft boat. We were hiting 40 mph coming in flat as a pancake just like the fishing. Times like these remind me I have a 100 gal gas tank and need to save it for when fish are around. Sure hope some bigger fish show up for the next tourny or will have to fish for grease balls.

Terry,

As I posted on GLF's report, I heard you several times on the radio, but could not get a reply. So, I was out of port Sheldon, picking up reports from Muskegon, Grand Haven, & Saugatuck. . . I just could not transmit that FAR!?!?!

Alex

I have fished in Wisconson before out of Muskegon but that was nearly 30 years ago and everything was much cheaper back then. Sad or funny thing though is I am back to the same hourly wage I made back then. Other then friends family and fishing I should have never came back to Michigan.