how often do you change leadcore line?

Good question I have been changing it yearly, but I don't know if I need to. I started using power pro also and it looks like its new when you take the lead off. I am going to try leaving some on from last year.

I just started running leadcore last yr and only had it out a few times. I think tangles and other mishaps take their toll on the core. I don't think you need to change it every year. I have run Spiderwire braid 2 and 3 years in a row without any problems. I usually retie and strip off bad line. When it gets too short, I re-spool. Most of the time with a year or two of use, the line stripping and re-ties have me shortened up to the point of new line. :) Every reel gets checked, over the Winter.

I've had succses running my cores for 2 years, I did have a core break off last year at the knot, but it was 'above' the core so I think it was actualley on the mono something broke, got a nick in it etc. My cores that are 2 years old are being replaced this year. I've had them in the water a lot in the past 2 years so I'm going to just get on a two year rotation on my cores.

I don't use power pro, I use the Fireline, but I've had in the past good succses for several years. 2 season ago I respooled both of my Dipsey rods with 2000 feet of 30LB Fireline, I'm planning on takeing off the first 300 feet of line for this season and calling it good. I've hardley ever had more then 300 feet of the Fireline out, so this should be basically fresh line at that point.

So that's what I'm doing... :-)

Ive run mine for three years now and I am going to change it this year. I change the leader on the end 3 to 4 times a year. the lead core itself is still good and when I strip it off I will reuse some of it for swr rigs. Primary reason is to change the Mono backer. 3 seasons is pushing any mono and these were spooled from when I bought them with 20lb big game.

Same here, I run PP two or three years and at the beginning of the season I'll strip off 10' or so and tie off to my scale. If it maxes out it's good. If it breaks before 50Lbs., I change it out. After three years I usualy just change it out. Led Core, I usually don't worry so much as it tends to see a shorter life span due to the dreaded tanglidas.