http://www.bigjon.com/

Dreamweaver & Big Jon Charity

Fun Tournament

Challenge

Muskegon, Fisherman’s Landing

Sunday, July 20 2008

5:00-11:00AM

Blow date Sunday July 27 2008

Well it’s about that time to sign up and get your reservations ready to camp and have a great time fishing this new fun event which is called this year the 2008 Dreamweaver & Big Jon charity fun tournament challenge. Once again I am holding the charity fun tournament and if you are new at this challenge this is how it works. Dreamweaver is giving all of us that like to sign up to take this competition fun fishing event a great deal on there lures once again. Now you can use any kind of fishing rod you like in the event, even your favorite dipsey for your dipsey rods. But the only lures and flashers that you can use is what Shane from Dreamweaver is going to send us. I do not pick out the colors myself. Allot of the colors are either new colors or the old good stuff that we all like and always use. What I do is tell Shane from Dreamweaver where my fishing event will be held at Muskegon and he will find out what he thinks is best for all of us. This year we will all have is 3 Reg. size spoons, 4 Mag. spoons, 2 Spin doctors, and 2 flies. Just remember these are the only lures you can use for the whole day out fishing. My goal this year is to have at least 50 boats in this so we can make lots of money to give to Benefit 4 Kids for charity so some young boy or girl has a chance to enjoy something outdoors like hunting or fishing.

B4Klogo.jpg

This years tournament we will be making donations to Benefit 4 Kids. We are donating to the outdoors wish program. Benefit4Kids was founded in 1998 with its' primary mission to grant the outdoor wishes of children with life threatening and life limiting illnesses (www.benefit4kids.org). All cash proceeds are going to charity except for big fish.

Lure packages will cost $40 and include 7 spoons, 2 flies, and 2 Spindoctors. A portion of lure packages will go to Benefit 4 Kids.

Entry fee will cost $30; which include 5 raffle tickets and team T-shirts.

Optional big fish challenge for $5.

Additional raffle tickets can be purchased (by tournament captains and crew only) for $5/piece or 5 for $20.

The total cost of this tournament will be $75.00 and that will get you in the big fish winnings. $70.00 will not get you in the big fish winnings. When you sign up I will send you a PM with my name and address so you can send me a check for everything.

Winnings will be awarded accordingly (You can win one prize per person)

· 1st Place - 15 additional tickets, trophy, and additional lure package from Dreamweaver.

· 2nd Place – 10 additional tickets.

· 3rd Place – 5 additional tickets.

· Big Fish – Cash.

Prizes (thus far) to be raffled off, include:

· 2 Electric Silver Captain’s Pak Downriggers.

· Silver Dual Manual Planer Rigger

· A pair of Silver Dual Multi-Set Rod Holders on Pedestal Base

· A pair of Silver Multi-Set Rod Holders tree features

· Lure package from Dreamweaver Lure Co.

These prizes are contingent on getting at least 30 boats.

Rules

1. This is a FUN charity tournament. We ask people to share fishing tips on the radio (Channel 72). Please keep your comments at a PG rating. This is a family orientated event.

2. You may ONLY use the lures provided in the lure pack. NO OTHER LURES FROM YOUR BOAT! If you lose a lure you are down a lure, no replacing the lure with a like lure in your boat.

3. Entry fee, lures, and big fish money MUST be paid by July 4th. You must sign up by July 1st.

4. Fishing starts at 5:00 AM and lines pulled at 11:00 AM.(All captains must be at the weigh in by 12:30 and no later)

5. Boats must only use 6 rods.

6. Three-man limit on catching fish and a MAX of 4 fisherman per boat.

7. Weigh in 5 fish of any kind (King, Coho, Steelhead, Browns, and Lakers).

8. Each fish is worth 10 points plus weight.

9. Know what your big fish is. You get 1 chance to weigh your big fish.

10. NO CULL RULE. If you net the fish or box the fish, YOU MUST KEEP THE FISH. There will be no throwing back fish unless they are not legal.

11. All captains must sign a waiver form before they fish.

12. If you do not show up for the event, your lure package will be donated as a prize and money will not be refunded (certain circumstances may be considered).

13. No changing colors of the lures (no tape, etc.) You may change the fly line.

If we are fishing this tournament and anyone happens to see any lightning, you MUST report to Caznik (Channel 72). Cancellations will be called for lightning, wind warnings, small craft warnings. Tournament will still count if fished at least until 8:00 AM.

The Past Champs

catfishhoge2007champ_975950.jpg

Team Catfishhoge 2007 Dreamweaver Challenge Champ

Zeboy06.jpg

Team Zeboy 2006 Dreamweaver Challenge Champ

Any questions please ask

Rich (Caznik)

Tom (Tgafish)

Jim (Sixshooter)

Tournament is run by

Caznik

Tgafish

Sixshooter

Sarah C

Trout Tracker

Fishing Teams

1-Caznik= Paid/Waiver

2- fishsniffer(GLF)

3- Sixshooter(MS)

4- Tgafish(MS)

5- Paulywood(GLF)= Paid/Waiver

6- Dirty Dog(GLF)

7- Doughman(MS)

8- GLF(GLF)

9- Sea-Mac(GLF)

10- Bluedevil(GLF)

11- Joelsanders(GLF)

12- Catfishhoge(MS) 2007 Dreamweaver Challenge Champ= Paid/Waiver

13- mmac1318(MS)

14- Satisfaxion_Gauranteed(GLF)

15- Makowish(MS)

16- Tad Pole(MS)

17- Flyguy(MS)= Paid/NEEDS WAIVER

18- Hunt4ever(MS)

19- tltorrice(GLF)

20- Severus(MS)

21- Just in time(GLF)

22- Trout Tracker(MS)

23- Marrble Eyes(MS)

24- Ahasiec(MS)

25- Doug DeF(MS)

26- ratchet(GLF)= Paid/Waiver

27- Thefishdog(MS)Adjusted3

28- Redeagle(GLF)

29- Raymond S. (MS)

30- Mudpuppy carleton(MS)

31- CAC(GLF)

32- Bowonly(MS)

33- Bigbeef(MS)= Paid/Waiver

34- Ford719(GLF)

35- tcampbell30(MS)

36- Fig Newton(MS)

37- the8point(GLF)

38- Kayceedee(MS)

39- Unreel (GLF)

40- Oakley (MS)= Paid/Waiver

41- goldy lox (GLA)LOX OF LUCK(Boat name)Paid/Waiver

42- mahemm (GLA)

43- Poleholder (MS)

44- shelbyrue (MS)

45- Deadwater (GLF)

46- nocturnal75 (MS)

47- Gimpbob (MS)

48- Reel fine (GLA)

49- Gadget (MS)

50- Sportfishermans SVC (MS)

51- Redeye(GLF)

52-

53-

54-

55-

56-

57-

58-

59-

60-

Hey members, I am going to keep on taking some more teams for awhile till I at least reach 60. So come on and sign up for some fun fishing with alot of nice members to meet and fish with..:)

BenifitLogo1copy-1.jpg

Edited by caznik

count me in also rich, i secound nick on his reply also

this is a GREAT IDIA

terry

Thank you Terry and thanks for signing up and being able to help out some kids have a chance to do something outdoors like fishing or hunting.

I will put you on the list.

Rich

What a GR8 way to support a GR8 Charity. I wish I lived closer.:)

If you cannot take your boat over here, I'm sure there will be captain that will need a crew and would need your help. If you can find someone, you can take part in this chairty tournament by buying tickets and try and win some very great prizes from Big Jon.

Rich :)

Any of you members that are signed up. If you happen to know a friend that like to join us in this tournament because he has a boat and fishes Lake Michigan and like help us all in raising money. Let me know and I will sign them up.

Rich

For those of you who have never fished this event it truly is a blast. It's the most looked forward to and well attended event of the year. The fact that everyone has to use the same exact tackle evens out the odds for everyone.

From two guys in a 16 footer to 4 guys in a big glass boat you can only run 6 rods and run the spoons/SD/and flies you're given that morning. The colors given in the kits have always been dynamite. Conversations at the weigh in always revolve fishing tactics and you'll always walk away with some new things to try.

The timing of this event couldn't be better either. The kings are thick near the end of July at Muskegon and limits have been the norm.

The $40 lure package you receive would cost a minimum of $56 ( most likely more) at any tackle shop.

The top raffle prize of 2 capt pak electric riggers is valued at close to $900!! The other raffle prizes thus far are similarly impressive. That's more than some big money tourneys and you don't have to have the best catch to win it

The best thing of all is that while we're having a great time making new friends on the water and at the weigh in... We're helping a young man or lady and their family create outdoor memories that will bring smiles and sometimes joy-filled tears for the rest of their lives.

Click on this link for an example of the "wishes" B4K grants to kids. It will truly warm your heart

http://www.benefit4kids.org/justinbradford2.htm

Hope to see you there!:beerchug:

Hey Rich,

Great idea with the charity. Please sign me up!

To add to sediments already posted earlier, I did this event last year and finished 3rd from last place and still had a great time! It is a lot of fun the people fish this event are a fun bunch!

Fish On!

Thank you very much for signing up again this year.

Good luck and I will be there camping,

Rich

BenifitLogo1copy-1.jpg

Team so far....:drinks:

1-Caznik

2- Sarah C

3- Sixshooter(MS)

4- Tgafish(MS)

5- Paulywood(GLF)

6- Dirty Dog(GLF)

7- Doughman(MS)

8- GLF(GLF)