Family Fun!!!!!!

Went to Onekama with my sister, her 3 kids, my wife and our 3 kids for a weekend of tomfoolery. Well, if we're going up there, you can bet I'm gonna find my way onto the ice. So the plan was set in motion. I woke early Saturday morning and left out of the launch to go to the spot to look for some perch. I sat in my 2 man clam nanook and landed on the fish. The day broke, and my vexilar lit up with fish near the bottom. I put some fish on the ice and enjoyed some peace and quiet. I told the wife to let me know when they were done with breakfast, so upon her text message I headed to the launch to pick the 8 of them up. Dug into the back of my truck and fancied up 2 jet sleds to tow the crew out to the spot. I was able to, effortlessly, take all of us in one shot out to the spot. 3 adults and 6 kids....:grin: I'm sure onlookers were cracking a smile. So we fished for a while, and I was able to help each of the kids catch some fish!!!!!! :thumb: The oldest in the group are 6, and the youngest are 3, you can imagine.....they all had a wonderful time catching fish. I was able to get about an hour out of all of them, 4 of the 6 after an hour decided they wanted to go out of the shanty and play on the ice, so they did. My son Adam who is 3, and his cousin Caleb who is 4 would not stop fishing. The three of us worked together in the shanty and caught a mess of perch. We were not able to get the bigger perch to keep, but none the less, we had a hoot catching all those fish! While our bounty was less than what I desired, the true catch was in the fun that we all had together. These are the days we won't get back, and I sure am glad that I was able to enjoy something I love to do with the people that matter the most to me and watch them enjoy it also. We're already planning another trip next winter!!!!!

onekamawiththekids.jpg