Ok Guys,

Muskegon is crazy hot right now in the 140fow. Tonight I ran out to 130 and set lines and trolled NW just past 1st set of nets and in 2 hours boxed 13 fish missing another 3. Trolled out to 200 and back to 130. 140 seemed to be the best. Riggers were hot down 60-75 with pink alwife and bloody nose taking 6 fish, wire divers set back at 160-180 took another 6 fish trolling a BW blue meat rig with 11" white paddle and a 11" white paddle with an oceana fly. 1 fish on 225Cu. We had are own version of combat fishing aboud fishmael tonight. 3 double headers- thank god for 2 nets:thumb: What a night- now the fish weren't huge by any means but healthy and full a energy! Heard guys catching bigger fish in tight.

Hey Fishmael,

Good job on those fish out in 140. I stayed in close and managed to boat a nice 20 lb. 5 oz. male King in 54 fow straight out from the filtration plant with a Wonderbread J-plug 45' down. Fishing solo was an adventure getting that big boy into the net and boat.

Jeff,

Great job on the mature fish- ya solo fishing has to be tough! What a wonderful night- no waves, just the right temp and very little traffic IMOP. I plan on going out a few more times and the it's getting time for the whitetail season.

The darkie are in the channel and staging in front of sand docks- my parents are jigging some nice fish this am. Might try this to save on gas $$$

I've been thinking the same thing. The boats are always right at the mouth of the channel, but I'm thinking the sand docks might be just as productive and I would feel a bit safer than sitting in front of the channel. Do you need to have a trolling motor or do people anchor there??

Jose - there will be lots of trolling traffic in the sand docks so I would recommend not anchoring there. Put down some Js and other plugs and make some trolling laps - there always seems to be some big fish taken out of there. However if you are alone you may want to jig closer to the channel and slip the anchor down. Get there early because there may not be enough seats at the table - I'm sure word is spreading fast. I'll be getting in on the combat next week - going north Thur night to camp on the Betsie and get at least 1 trip out of Frankfort.