Cabin fever

Ashman

It's only January and I seem to have it bad already.:spiteful:

I go out to the shop, uncover the boat for no reason other than dreaming I guess. :boredom:

Go through my boxes of tackle, etc. when it don't need any more organization. :no:

I flip on the outdoors channel and watch hunting/fishing shows and that don't do much except make me wish spring was sooner. :read:

Look at the ice shanty and equiptment stored in the shop and think about talking the wife into a long weekend in the U.P. ice fishing......she won't go...too cold. :mad:

Seems spring is so far away.:crazy:

Anybody else suffering? :drinks:

I have got all 6 of my copper rigs retied, and reworked. 4 reels rebuilt, 28 flasher/fly retied and cleaned, hooks sharpened, tackle box cleaned and organized. I'm sick of winter. Looking through a 6" hole to catch a 8" fish is not the same as Happy Hour out on the big pond.

This will either Help your cabin fever....or make it worse! :thumb:

I find it ironic you post that since I lived on the Garden Peninsula from 1973-1996 and have lots of friends still in Fairport.

.....also, on my last trip to Garden I picked up your business card at the Garden Mini-Mart (my friend Nick owns it) and told a buddy, "hey I know this guy from the fishermans forum!....and if I can ever afford a charter, this is the guy I want to hire"

This will either Help your cabin fever....or make it worse! :thumb:

Great. Now I need another computer monitor. I pushed my hands through the screen of my current one trying to get that rod when it went off.:D

No cabin fever here, hunting season was great till the end of last year. Ice fishing is taking off now, got an 11 inch red ear last Sat to go with 18 others:D. Yum Yum! Going to do some coyote hunting and a pheasant tower shoot over the next few weeks along with more ice fishing. Hit one steelie in the river this month so far and that is going to heat up in February and than the pier fishing and rivers rock in March! NFL playoffs, Superbowl and Daytona Sundays are great too. I like winter!

I pondered this for a minute and it hit me. I just got up, pulled the list of chores for me the wife stuck on the fridge and crumpled it up and threw it in the trash, won't be no time for that unless we get a blizzard.:lol:

No cabin fever here, hunting season was great till the end of last year. Ice fishing is taking off now, got an 11 inch red ear last Sat to go with 18 others:D. Yum Yum! Going to do some coyote hunting and a pheasant tower shoot over the next few weeks along with more ice fishing. Hit one steelie in the river this month so far and that is going to heat up in February and than the pier fishing and rivers rock in March! NFL playoffs, Superbowl and Daytona Sundays are great too. I like winter!

I pondered this for a minute and it hit me. I just got up, pulled the list of chores for me the wife stuck on the fridge and crumpled it up and threw it in the trash, won't be no time for that unless we get a blizzard.:lol:

Ed, I have been procrastinating also. The honey do list keeps growing. February is a short month but it's the month I get most of my work done on the boat and otherwise. Don't ever throw one of their lists away. Ignoring their list is OK but defying them by throwing the list out, ohhhhh!!! you are asking for it. :lol:

I have it real bad too , been off work on disability since the end of October, been watching fishing shows putzing with the boat . Now that my restrictions are up to 20lbs I can do more. Get to go back to work on the 24th , that might help, less time to daydream.