Well fished the Benefit 4 Kids tourny Sat, weather was iffy at best in the morning. Their were some boats that did not go out. We heard fishing hasn't been that good around Muskegon so we decided to trailer up to Pentwater. Had some boat isssues in the morning, we kept losing battery power and the engine would die. Found out moisture must have been in the battery switch so I jumped the switch and we were good to go for the rest of the day.

There was some lightning and it seems allot of static electricity in the air. My wire and copper lines were sparking in the holders and were getting hot.

that was a bit scary. Made it to our fishing grounds and imeadeatly started catching fish, we never had 9 rods in the water all day. Lost 3 lures to fish, one actually took my hole dipsy set up, I think maybe the sparking might have damaged the wire. we stopped fishing around 10:30 and were 10 for 15 with a what I thought was a decent box.

We ended up winning a great event. I would like to thank everyone for setting up the benefit event, this was our second year doing it and we will be back next year. Also thanks to all the sponsors and donations for the great cause, allways a good time helping others.

Good job Jeff! But if my lines are sparking I am outa there. If you have ever been caught in a Super cell storm u will know what I mean. Manistee 1983 we got caught in one saw a water spout just outside of our position and befor we could get lines pulled and the riggers up we were in it lightning fried my graph and radio and we took waves that went over the top of the boat nearly swamping us. From then on when the lightning starts I stay off of the pond. There is no fish worth your life. (By the way that boat was a 24' Sea Eagle Cuddy offshore fisherman. Built for big water.

Mike (Supertramp) Chamberlin

boat name MC2

Congrats on the win. It was a rough one out there. We stayed in Muskegon and had the storms moving north and south of us. We lost a lure on first hit, down to 8 rods :<. It was tough fishing. We(Steve, Mike, Nick) ended in 9th with 4 fish. Got to see some familiar faces and win some prizes. Great catch, great win, and a great tourney!:thumb:

10 years ago I bought a heavy deep V with a cabin and 260 horsepower so I could fish in about any conditions I wanted to. And then I did.

Yesterday with my 7 year old daughter on the boat, we turned tail and slugged back into port without setting lines. Bounced her around in the cabin like a pinball.

I think 21 out of 60 boats put fish on the board.

Got to assist the Coast Guard two years ago with a sailboat that got hit by lightning on Lake Mac and went down so hard the keel was buried in the mud in the bottom. Picked up a crew member and then spent 15 minutes tacking downwind looking for his sandals (which we did find both of - not sure why that was such a big deal to him after getting pulled out of the lake).

Great time though.

Congrats on the win Jeff.

We fished it also. We waited till 8 am to go out. It was some of the worst water I have ever fished in. I never left the wheel. After motoring out to 140 fow at 8 mph, the crew set lines. North South troll was out of the question, so we just kept going East West, and that was not good. We landed two fish and farmed two others. I really wanted to go North, but it was just to bumpy. Our two fish landed us in 15 th place.

Good job guys. After making a few phone calls my crew and I decided to stay at camp, eat breakfast, and have a couple beers. Great morning. Went to the weigh-in and talked a bunch of trash, as usual. Good to see everybody again and it was extremely well done. First 30# king I have ever seen. I'll see everybody next year, maybe we'll even set a rod!

Nice job guys,I also fished it again this year , we ran as team Nick of time , we fished it aboard the DIRTY DOG II out of Holland, we also opted the wait till about 7 to get the boat wet and fished 90 to 110 and ended up 8 for 12 by 10 am so we ran in and headed for the weigh in and ended up 4th.

Also thanks for puting this on.

Well for me it was my best one ever we got up headed to the boat with lightning everywhere. After several calls we went to breakfast where we discussed our options which were wait it out and fish the slop after we missed the morning bite or grab my boat and head north till we cleared the storms and again miss the morning bite and spend a ton on truck fuel. Or we could call it a day save the money for a real fishing trip and buy a few extra tickets for the raffle we went with plan C And when Mark called to see what we thought I told him he could go back to bed. I went home took a nice nap and met Mark and everyone else at weigh in. Got to see the hog and know that we made the right choice and as luck would have it I won the Charter out of Holland and 4 hockey tickets gotta love it when a plan comes together. Other than opening my flies and flasher to rerig them the rest of my tourny pack is unopened so for the second year in a row I did not lose a lure and got to help another great cause. I know most would not be happy about tieing for dead last in a tourny but this one is about the kids and the extra money I had for tickets will help them much more then a winning box would have helped me. Looking forward to next year already.

I got out of bed just before 3 am and started getting everything ready to go,Rick was on his way over and we were to be on our way as soon as he got here,and then i turned the tv on and i saw the weather radar. OMG we we socked in thunderstorms clear back all the way across Wisconson.at about that time Rick got here and he came in and we watched the radar for abit ,after a bit he said he was going home and wanted me to give him a call if it looked like we might be able to get out later.A short time after that Jim called(sixshooter) and said that there was a delay.but as i watched the tv and now it was light out so i could see the web cams and we decided to go to the weigh in and live to fish another day.

That was the biggest damn salmon i have ever seen, in person anyway congrats on that monster(i would have fished for that hog!)

Jim and Bev and the rest of the Tournement staff you have all outdone yourself once again this year you all should be very proud of yourselves.When are you taking sign up for next year you can just put us on the list now we'll be there.

And lastly Wow can ya believe it about $10,000.00 raised for what I believe to be a very worth while cause. I think everyone involved can be very proud of the fact that they helped to make it happen.

See ya all next year

Well for me it was my best one ever we got up headed to the boat with lightning everywhere. After several calls we went to breakfast where we discussed our options which were wait it out and fish the slop after we missed the morning bite or grab my boat and head north till we cleared the storms and again miss the morning bite and spend a ton on truck fuel. Or we could call it a day save the money for a real fishing trip and buy a few extra tickets for the raffle we went with plan C And when Mark called to see what we thought I told him he could go back to bed. I went home took a nice nap and met Mark and everyone else at weigh in. Got to see the hog and know that we made the right choice and as luck would have it I won the Charter out of Holland and 4 hockey tickets gotta love it when a plan comes together. Other than opening my flies and flasher to rerig them the rest of my tourny pack is unopened so for the second year in a row I did not lose a lure and got to help another great cause. I know most would not be happy about tieing for dead last in a tourny but this one is about the kids and the extra money I had for tickets will help them much more then a winning box would have helped me. Looking forward to next year already.

Jim you did a pretty good job of summing up what I tried to say at the weigh in. No matter who fished or not. No matter who won prizes or not(I'm still blanked for 3 years). Everybody who took part from the participants to the sponsors were winners on Sat:thumb: The fishing aspect gives everybody an excuse to go out and do something they love to do.

This is the first time in 7 years we've had a weather issue and we stress every year over it. We were so happy to see the outcome we hoped for. People who were comfortable fished. People who weren't didn't. In the end we had some fish to weigh, some places to pay out with raffle tix, a trophy presented, some bragging rights, and a whopper to win big fish. And those that didn't even fish cleaned up on some prizes.

Thanks again for all your help in getting us some sponsors this year Jim.

And thanks to Mike and all the members of this site for helping us help the families you got to meet Sat. Hope to see you all next year or sooner

Well heck now that makes me feel a whole lot better 22nd out of 60 and never wet a line that is some fishing LOL. Guys I can assure you I would enter this every year even if I did not have a boat to fish in. Lets shoot for 100 entries next year sign me up today. Heck I might get my entire team to sign up individually that would be 4 teams on one boat I guess that would mean we could run 36 lines LOL. Just put Jay in his Kayak and tow him behind us. Or maybe get a couple of guys on Kayaks and use em as planer boards. Let them each run a 3 rod spread and we pull the rest up the middle. Guys no matter how you fish it or if you fish it this is a must enter event. Listening to last years family for a min tells you no matter what it was worth it. Cant wait to see the family from this year tell us about the bear hunt. It is the one event every year where I don't really care how well I do.

Sounds like you had an amazing trip, one for the memory banks for sure. I am no electrican, but as for the electrified fishing, you may want to check the grounding on your boat, esp. considering you were having issues prior the rods goin live wire. You should have less than 1 volt discharing from a downrigger cable to the water. I remember a graphite rod giving me jolts on a sunny day and came to find out it was from a short in the downrigger, carried right up to the fishin pole. I've seen the results of a guy getting fried to the downrigger when lightning hit the boat and he was reeling it up - the wife and young son had to drive the boat back to the dock with him cooked to the downrigger - NOT WORTH IT MAN.