Well, I finally got out there for some salmon fishing. It's been a very busy summer with family and kids, so I haven't been out there as I much as I would have liked.

It was a beautiful night to be out. We started fishing around 7:30 and set our lines at about 90 fow. As soon as we hit the 100fow mark, we had a hit, and he was a fighter. After fighting with him a bit, I pulled in a 12.5lb king.

We kept going NW, out to 130 fow, with no luck, so we turned around, as we hit the 100 fow, another hit. This one was a 10 lb king. As soon as we got that fish in the net, the copper went screaming, and didn't seem to stop. It was my turn to land this guy, and let me tell you, I was struggling. I thought I had him, but as soon as he got close to the boat, I lost him. I was pretty upset because I would have liked to see how big he was. Oh, well. Maybe 15 minutes later, we got another one, this was a 6lb king. Our downriggers had a couple of hits, but no fish. We called it a night around 9:30/10:00, with 3 for 5.

We marked a ton of fish in 95-105 fow, 55-75 ft down.

This is what worked for us: all three fish were caught on the dipsys, 175-225 ft back. 1 fish on the blue bubble fly with a white flasher, and 2 fish on pickled sunshine fly with the mountain dew SD. We lost 2 fish on the 300' copper that had the mirage fly, with a green SD flasher. Flies were definetly the key last night.

A friend of a friend, of mine(if that makes sense) went out last night and got 25 kings out muskegon. I thought we did pretty good for two people for just a few hours, but I guess we just suck. 3 compared to 25???!!!

Anyways, Muskegon is getting hot, and I will definetly be out a few more times this weekend.

Nice job on the fish Katrina! Don't let some other guys numbers get to ya. We are all out there because we love fishing, as long as you had a good time that is all that really matters. Who knows, maybe you will boat more fish than them next time.

Good job Katrina its tough to hear all the so called 25 fish catches and only get three, but it is better than a skunk. Your report was informative and very helpful. Keep up the good work.

Mike (supertramp)

Boat Name MC2