The Pier NO MORE!!

I have been saving away fro the past 2 years and the time has come!!!

I bought a boat, (Mostly so my older father in law can still get out and fish)

Now comes the fun of rigging it:)

Anyone with extra gear they are looking to sell let me know..

Looking for:

Rod holders

2 rigger rods

2 dipsey rods

2-4 core rods

and just about anything else under the sun:)

Congrats Dave! If you get the Bert's tracks from Jim check out Northwoods Wholesale Outfitters in Pinconning. They have Bert's holders for $50 each. They have a website if you don't want to drive. I might have a few things that I could stand to get rid of, I'll take a look. I just sold a few things otherwise I'd have more. Good luck on getting it all set up, that's half the fun.

So in knowing I am leaving to pick the boat up in less than an hour.....I am exited and I am not going to lie.

Is there a Coast guard check list floating around?? Should I just stop or call the coasties to find out what they check when and if I was ever to get stopped. Plan number one is to get everything "Legal" when I get home.

A good old stop at the SOS office and then to the insurance fella is planned, But I was just looking for a list of stuff that is needed on the boat

Life jackets

Flares

Horn

ECT.

I have been saving away fro the past 2 years and the time has come!!!

I bought a boat, (Mostly so my older father in law can still get out and fish)

Now comes the fun of rigging it:)

Anyone with extra gear they are looking to sell let me know..

Looking for:

Rod holders

2 rigger rods

2 dipsey rods

2-4 core rods

and just about anything else under the sun:)

I have a new Frabill net that I'll make you a good deal on. Let me know if your interested. Also have 2 Diawa Sealine SG47LCA reels mounted on 8' Talora rods for sale. They're brand new, and never been used. Excellent for downriggers.

Dave, here is a link to the USCG Boating website. If you go to the safety tab you can do a virtual inspection of your boat. After you complete it it will tell you what you need to add. Once you have it in order you can set up an inspection and get it checked out.

http://www.uscgboating.org/default.aspx

I did not see this noted, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was required to have a Marine Radio whenever outside the shoreline of the Great Lakes.