Set out of Port at about 5:30 with Jay and Carol and a rookie (Les). It was one of Les' first trips out so I am glad Jay and Carol decided to join as I needed the help.

Ran NW with a plan to drop in about 140-160. Did that and came up with one only laker early on a 5 color moonshine with pink spots.

Ran out to 170 no marks, decided to go back in to 140ish where we were marking better fish. Not much there either.

Ended up in 90fow on a scum slick that we found with a few other boats. South seemed to work better. After we spoke with Terry about slowing down we picked up a shaker or two. Ended up going 2.6ish on the down to get things going. Picked up about a 10 pound king and 14 pound king. The rookie wrestled the 14 pounder in on a wire diver set 135 back on 1.5 with a green 8" echip and a green/silver fly. It was AWESOME having him get the diver. I think he may be hooked.

Ended up missing another steelhead on 5 color when it was jumping WAY behind the boat.

Lures that worked were:

craigs christmas on 5 color (thought it was mixed veggie, but upon checking it last time in it was not)

green 8" echip with green/silver fly - dipsey

Yellow 11" echip with glo nad fly - rigger 60 down

White with black spots moonshine (i think)

Moonshine with pink spots.

All in all it was pretty slow and very challenging.