Rod holders finally done.

No, actually I am a physics teacher, but thanks for the compliments guys. I do have a small machine/welding shop in my basement though and I love to make things.

The elaborate shop was probably needed for the bike racing.:) There is a lot of satisfaction, building your own equipment. :)

Wow those look great.

I am a toolmaker and can appreciate your work.

Wish I could TIG weld though ,for my own projects.

GTR

George, TIG welding is flat out ...AWESOME.. and worth every dime I paid for it. The best $2500 I have ever spent. It is, far and away, my most favorite machine in my shop. As a matter of fact I would sell any machine in my shop before I sold my TIG welder. It is so nice to weld in the basement without smoke and sparks. I took a class at a local college a couple of years ago and the instructor let me take home a bunch of Aluminum welding blanks to practice with, and I still have some. ( and man I took a lot), I even asked him, " are you sure it's o.k. to take this much" and he said " no problem man..just call it homework, most of these other meatheads are only here because their boss is making them be here, I can see you actually enjoy it, take as much as you want".

Sometimes I will sit down for hours just welding piece after piece together for no reason at all, other than to try and get better at it... I suppose it is relaxing for me, I just crank up the radio, have a smoke, and weld with no purpose at all....no pressure to get anything done, no expectations...just miles of endless, purposeless welds.

I go through 2 bottles of gas a month, and I have never made a single cent doing it!!!!! Stupid I know, but....

Someday maybe I can get set up.

It is ashame to build nice stuff then stick it together w/ MIG,which

works but isnt always pretty. My last project was rod trees and it was not going well w/ MIG...looked like a 5yr-old went nuts w/ a hot-glue gun:)

On the bracket the bottom hole tapped? then screw threaded thru into radial hole pattern?

GTR

Edited by GTRIEM
forgot the question.

On the bracket the bottom hole tapped? then screw threaded thru into radial hole pattern?

GTR

The screw is threaded into the bracket with loctite, but not 'threaded' into the radial holes. The screw just sticks out and acts like a dowel pin so that you can adjust the angle of the rod holder by pulling to the left (or right) and then a spring snaps it back into place. It work just like a Big Jon holder.

Nice Work.

the trees I just built just came back from Power Coat.

are you going to seal yours in any way?

Post some pics of your trees, I would like to see them. I'm probably going to leave mine unprotected. I dunno?