New to site

Hello all,

I have been trying to get in to the Great Lakes Scene for a few years, co-owned a boat 10 years ago (16 footer) with my brother that he got more use out of it than I have. I have been taking a few trips a year, never really doing that well, but If I got to tangle with a few fish a year it kept me satisfied. This last fall a friend and I came across a deal we couldn't resist with a 20 foot starcraft. We have been doing some work to it and getting it set up for fishing this spring. Got the motor running beautiful and took a few trips out to the lake and got a few small fish. Working on getting a new floor, riggers and rod holders as well as some electronics to make this a fishing machine! Been doing a bunch of reading and web site searching and hope to be able to be more successful this next season. Read one of Dan Keatings books on great lakes fishing and it made me feel kind of like every trip I have ever made on Lake Michigan was purely a crap shoot. I guess at a minimum I may be able to start working on some spreads and getting them in the right area where the fish are. This site looks like I will be able to learn a whole lot more from the guys getting it done out there!

Bill

Bill Welcome to the site, and Yes you will find this site very helpful as I have. Mike the Owner of the site is the BEST ... he's know all there is to know about fishing and stalking......... the Kings that is....and much much more.... ask and it shall be answered on this site no matter how strange the question is.... Welcome abaord My friend.... Welcome aboard.

Bill, A very warm welcome to you. Let us know if you need any help.:) You will like the friendly atmosphere on this site.:)

I have 22 Starcraft Islander Hardtop, and fish the Saginaw Bay (AuGres). I do wander over to Lake Michigan a few times a year.:)

Welcome to the site Bill. Sounds like you have a nice project going. Looking forward to seeing the end result as well as your fishing succsess. Good luck to ya and if ya need anything dont be affraid to ask. Theres a good bunch of guys here, someone will be able to help ya out.

Welcome to the website Bill. I am not the BEST....just average. There are far more people here that know way more about salmon fishing than I do.

Have a look around and you will quickly find out what a GREAT site this is. We look foreward to swapping ideas and fish stories with you.

If you need any help spending your money on fishing equipment, you will get replies from many members who are more than willing to lend a hand.

Mike

Bill, welcome.

What port do you live by?

Post your trips even if there bad (this will get you the most help). Every one is more than willing to help. There are more than enough Salmon to go around.

I have a few Walker electric riggers i don't need, if you want some cheep.

Ask about the equipment before you buy, and it will save you loads of money replacing it later. Starcraft makes nice boats.