First trip in the books

Headed out with Jay D, our buddy Geoff and my brother Eric this morning. Got on a bunch of dink perch and i managed a snake on a tip up. Pretty uneventful first half of the day. Jay and Geoff headed for home and my brother and i regrouped and did some scouting. Hit a canal after lunch and got into em pretty good. I fished 4 holes all afternoon and i took all my fish outta two of them. I ended up with my 25 and released many more. My brother had some trouble getting on em despite sitting right next to me(why does it work like that?), but eventually sat down in a decent hole and iced quite a few. I think he had 10-12 keepers and tossed back quite a few. Ended up keeping 30 some gills between us. Fun day, and a great way to start the ice season.

Note the pics of Jay on ice...That dont happen too much...Had some coaxing to do to get the trolling fly off. I told him there werent any kings, steelies or ho's in there. After a fit, we got him calmed down and on the lake.

FirstIceGills002.jpg

FirstIceGills014.jpg

FirstIceGills003.jpg

FirstIceGills006.jpg

i had fun ,just wish we would have got some keepers.glad you guys got on em after lunch,we should have headed over there with you.getting ready to head over to another secret spot this morning.hope nwe get them there so we dont have to head over to red oak with everybody else.i am ready for some eyes on the bay now:grin:still think i should have cut a channel with the chainsaw and did some trolling

Nice work fellas. I NEED A BREAK, I'm starting to freak out. It's been too long with no fishing. Ate some eyes up for dinner last night and my supply is being depleted. Only way to take care of that is to get out, and from the looks of things AB will be having a tasty gill dinner also.