Storing the boat

What does everyone do for winter storage? I just found a great deal in St. Johns. Indoor cold storage for $25 a month for my 22' boat. I had planned on doing heated storage this year because I have a few things I'd like to work on but it was to good of a deal to pass up. Upgrades will have to wait until spring, but the money I save can go toward more boat goodies.

I've been storing the HJ @ a few different places the last few years. Last year was near tawas ($280) indoor storage, no heat. Year b4 was bad axe, great place, new building $100 no heat. This year checking out a new place closer to the house near dryden rd and van dyke, $189 no heat. I've been checking around to find someone like you're talking about AB, I'll find them in time.

Eric do you winterize your boat?

Priority1 has her own bay in my garage. She gets put in the garage after every trip. I do have heat in the garage when I'm working out there. My garage never freezes, even with the heat off. I do drain things just as a safety precaution. It's nice to be able to work on her, when ever I get an hour or so.

That would be ideal but I just don't have the room. I was hoping my brother would build his pole barn this year but it didn't happen. We've talked about rasing the roof on the garage when we reshingle and reside but I'm not sure when that will be. Needless to say I was happy that storage only ended up being $125 when I had budgeted $600.

I dont winterize the boat, I do drain the waterjackets. We keep it 45 in there, and last winter it only used one tank of propane. Its our work shop so it has a bathroom and cutting table for deer. Ill take some pics. The only down fall is the door is on the long end so we have to push the bow over once inside. Should have built it bigger!

I dont winterize the boat, I do drain the waterjackets. We keep it 45 in there, and last winter it only used one tank of propane. Its our work shop so it has a bathroom and cutting table for deer. Ill take some pics. The only down fall is the door is on the long end so we have to push the bow over once inside. Should have built it bigger!

They can never be too big, but the bigger they are the more stuff you accumulate. If you have lots of room, relatives will want to fill it for you.:)