southaven pro am 15,16,17th

Fished the tournement with Moosekey,father inlaw and Dennis Hagemen.

Friday the 15th went 17 for 25 with a mixed cooler of Kings,steelhead,coho and laketrout. Riggers, wiredipsey and copper were hot.

took fish in 80' out to 160' of water. caught fish from straight out almost all the way to saugatuck. 8'protrol with cant touch this yoggurt fly took fish, 10' protrol with canadian ketchup yogurt fly took fish bolth on the wire. Yellowtail streak on copper was a hot set up. and Mongoose J plug on a full core took fish. Green machine stinger on the rigger took fish and the hottest set up was blue dolphin steak on 2color swr rig on the rigger 105 down. fish were caught between 45' down to 125'

Sat went 8 for 12 on the first day of the tournement. all as the sam as above were productive started out hot went 6 for 10 first hour and then the front moved in and the fish moved north. wanted to get north but to rough. ended up picking up two more after that.

Sunday went 9 for 13. Most boats went north and fished saugatuck. started out slow untill we got up to glen and then started to stack them. just ran our of time. We took alot of nice spring kings. Most were 10 to 12lb with 4 in the 18lb class. Also took a 15lb laker today. all in all a good three days of fishing. Southhaven still has good fishin but most of the fish have moved north. for big numbers saugatuck is hot right now. My crew was the best crew i have had. Mooskey did a great job driving the boat in some pretty bad conditions. current and waves were tough. Dennis is an excellent fisherman as well. I was lucky to have him as he fishes off of the early bird in grand haven and has a few wins under his belt. great bunch to have on the boat.

This was one of the highest point tournements for May I have seen I had a personl best with 315 pts. but there were some excellent fishermen out there this weekend that were scoreing in the 490s. all in all it was a very competitve tournement. First time in 3 years they got two full days in. Not Ideal conditions but fishable.

I have a couple of good pic but photobuckett is not working right now. will post later when it is back up.

Nice job Joe, we were cleaning fish when you guys took that picture. Some great fishing out there for sure. We had an all right day Saturday and a fantastic day Sunday to place us in 3rd in the Am. A well run tourney and one of our favorites. If you guys are fishing GH, Holland, or Saugatuck look us up and say hi.

Nice job Joe, we were cleaning fish when you guys took that picture. Some great fishing out there for sure. We had an all right day Saturday and a fantastic day Sunday to place us in 3rd in the Am. A well run tourney and one of our favorites. If you guys are fishing GH, Holland, or Saugatuck look us up and say hi.

Congrats on your 3rd place finish Tim! :thumb:

Small world. Ive had that happen alot when im cleaning fish and dont know who it is im standing next two. that is the only draw back of the internet. had I known I would have extended my had and said Hi. You guys had a nice catch as well.

We did not do so well the first day as my hook to catch ratio started out 1 for 5 but ended up bring in 8. New crew so they were still learning my program. Did well on sunday but the numbers were so hi the first day that even a 200 pt day could not bring us back up we brought in 9 on sunday but all were in the 10lb plus class so we had a great weigh in on sunday. Nice job on a third place finish in a very competitive tournement with a lot of good captains.