19 Strand Wire

I was at my favorite store(D & R Sports) in Kalamazoo today. While I was there, I came across some 19 strand wire for a wire line set up. I had done some reading on it and wanted to try it.

So.....I picked up a 1,000 yd spool. Well I needed something to put it on, so........I picked up a 9' Talora rod and a CV30D. $220 later I walk out. :rolleyes:

• Forgives kink
  • Kinked line breaks at 30 lbs and can be straightened out
  • 2.77 X more flexible than 7 strand wire
  • Less prone to Spiny Water Fleas then 7 strand
  • Rounder than 7 strand
  • Smoother than 7 strand, easier on guides

It is very flexable.

Has anyone ran the 19 strand wire?

What are you using for a knot?

I bought some a few weeks back from torpedo divers. 1000' feet for each of my Tekota 600's It sure if flexible. I won't get to test it until next week. (ball and track tournaments)

Supposedly from talking to the guys at the booth at the fishing show you can run it on a regular rod. I guess because it is rounder it doens't cut guides. I haven't tried it yet i was awaiting some reports on the stuff before i junk my wire that i have on already.

Its funny how we feel broke till we find that next fishing toy? lol I went into Captian Chucks in Ludington last fall to only buy 2 spare spoons that had been hot earlier in week and walked out with 3 rod combos ready to fish at the tune of $120 each!!! And I wonder why im no longer married? lol

Ill be looking for the results on this as well. Getting ready to respool my wire rods and am debating on the 19 or sticking with the 7. I like the idea of more flexibility in the line for handling purposes.

Ill be looking for the results on this as well. Getting ready to respool my wire rods and am debating on the 19 or sticking with the 7. I like the idea of more flexibility in the line for handling purposes.

I have played with the line a little bit. It does not kink very easy.

I will give more feedback on Saturday night.

Thanks Mike, what kind of termination are you using? I currently tie the knot and would prefer to do so.

I have not terminated it to a swivel yet, but am planning on using a knot at the termination.

Hey Mike, I have now run the 19 strand twice, It seems very good as far as the way it cuts through the water. I was running dipseys on 1.5 and running them 70 back when i came in to 44 fow I hit bottom.!! those are what i was running the other night when I forgot to loosen the drag! :eek:. The only thing i have notice is that the okuma rods that i got with rollers is that if i dont keep it directly at the dipsey ( fish) it will pinch between the rollers. have had to cut off 90 foot of wire already. Thats my 2 cents. anyway.

This all sounds promising. I am looking at getting a few wire rigs this summer. Makes it more economical without rollerrod and crazy knots i cant tie.:D Love the feel of a fish on the wire, top notch. Good luck this weekend boys.;)

Did you get a chance to run it today Mike, or did you get blown off? I am looking to give it a go on one of my rods to start, but still up in the air. Thanks.

Rich

I did not get a chance to run it. It will probably be 2 weeks before I get another chance to go fishing. :(

Thanks Mike, sorry to hear that, hope everything is ok. Keep us posted, I am sure you will.

Rich

Every 6 weeks, I have to work a weekend. This is my weekend.